PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Greetings

Tom Perkins
24-Dec-2001, 01:06
Many thanks to all of you for sharing your wisdom and experience, from which I h ave received far more than I could ever begin to give. Best wishes for hope and peace in the holiday season and new year.

Jorge Gasteazoro
24-Dec-2001, 01:31
I would like to add my best wishes to all. This is a great family and a treasure for all who strive for the best in photography. Thank you all for your help, advice, challanges and for making my life more interesting. Cheers and good health for the comming year.

Jonathan Brewer
24-Dec-2001, 13:22
This forum for me has been bottom line great, it's kept me young and kept me on my toes, and it helped me to make informed choices in LF.

Stephen Willard was kind enough to send me j-pegs of Hershey, the llama/friend/camera assistant, and he looks great and ready for action. 'Keep on truckin' Hershey, and Happy Holidays to all.

Jonathan and Rennae Brewer

dan nguyen
24-Dec-2001, 14:06
Merci a tous des conseils sur ce forum...Thanks to you all on advices on this board... Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee a tout le monde....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to eveyrbody...

Doug Paramore
24-Dec-2001, 14:18
I would like to add my best wishes and a Merry Christmas to all on the forum. The forum has become a kind of extended family, a family who loves and helps preserve LF photography.

Hope all have a great holiday and a great coming year.

Merry Christmas,

Jim_1228
24-Dec-2001, 14:20
Happy holiday's to all of you!

abiggs
24-Dec-2001, 14:28
And a Merry Christmas back to all of you and your families.

Andy Biggs

David A. Goldfarb
24-Dec-2001, 14:49
All the best to everyone this holiday season and good light in the new year.

Wayne Crider
24-Dec-2001, 17:02
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! Thanks for all your help.

Walter Glover
24-Dec-2001, 17:48
I wish you everything you wish yourselves this Christmas,

At this special time of the year, particularly in a year when so many will grieve for loved-ones absent due to the hostile acts of man in may nations, let's all gladly embrace the notion of "Peace On Earth, Good Will Toward Men". All men; whoever and wherever they may be.

It's already 08:00 am Christmas Day here in Sydney. Cloudless sunshine and temperatures heading to the mid 30's (Celsius). Yesterday Brisbane had temperatures in the 40's and the radio news has just announced the deaths of 5 people from heat exhaustion there.

Our friends in Europe are enduring a freezing cold snap. Arafat is denied passage to Bethlehem. Afghanistan is settling to the hope of a new peace (even if militarily enforced). Argentina struggles with poverty. Starving homeless refugees traverse the planet in quest of shelter and safety. And rosy cheeked children glow with anticipation and excitement as they unwrap sumptuously wrapped gifts beneath the gaze of the angel atop the tree.

With all its joys and sorrows, blessings and curses, horrors and delights this is an unpredictable, exhilarating and devasting world. But it's the only one we've got. Why do we still make a botch of it?

We, as photographers, 'draw with light' in an on-going effort to convey our appreciation, interpratation and adoration of those contrasts. We, like all other life on this little blue orb would be nothing without light - light which we often take for granted. Let's use our light wisely to enlighten, educate and amuse in the hope that, like music, photography might be a unifying language that is unaware of the boundaries of language, custom or nationality. An opportunity for us to share our thoughts with all men; whoever and wherever they may be.

"And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." (St.John 1: v5)

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a happy, healthy and peaceful New Year.

Walter Glover

Daniel luu Van Lang
24-Dec-2001, 18:12
It's almost 12pm in Paris, France, so Merry Christmas to all of you!! With my best wishes for a very Happy, sunny, healthy new year. Many thanks for sharing your knowledge with the LF beginners. --Daniel Luu Van Lang

R. McDonald
24-Dec-2001, 19:15
A simple THANK YOU, to all who have helped me in my endeavor to keep an open mind and never stop learning. I would also like to say it has been an amazing pleasure to correspond with many of you regarding LF. Here's wishing all a Happy Holiday and a Peaceful New Year.

Sincerely,

Mac

John Bailey
24-Dec-2001, 21:30
Peace on earth, goodwill to all! My prayers are with those lost during this terrible year...may our future be brighter and safer.

Merry Christmas,

John Bailey

Steve Clark
25-Dec-2001, 02:08
Thanks to all...Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year. Steve

Paul Schilliger
25-Dec-2001, 03:45
It has been a joy to be part of this community. Long life to the LF Forum and Me rry Christmas to all. Joyeux Noel!

Chad Jarvis
25-Dec-2001, 13:34
Tell all you care for that you love each and every one of them this holiday. Merry Christmas to all.

Walter Glover
25-Dec-2001, 18:01
As an update to my earlier post about the weather prospects in Sydney on Christmas Day, I can tell you that today, Boxing Day, I have just loaded some holders to go out and exploit the extraordinary light as the sun beats through a veil of smoke that covers the entire metropolis from scores of raging bush fires skirting the suburbs.

The light is slightly diffuse with about an 81C glow. Fearful of what the heightened red sensitivity of T-Max might do I have loaded Tri-X. My subject is not the fires or the fire-fighters - they don't need me and LF to further impede their efforts. I am doing a little number on the desolation of the suburb that is the birthplace of modern Australia.

Yesterday some 60 kms distant from the nearest flames we were rained on in the garden by charred twigs and branches . Over 20 families had their homes and possessions burnt to the ground for Christmas.

In a world where catastrophes like this happen readily and repeatedly why do we add to it with our acts of hostility.

This year we might all be living on the fault-line; let's not taunt it.

Enjoy the season ... Walter