PDA

View Full Version : Deardorff Slider Board Does Not Fit

Renato Tonelli
20-Jan-2010, 20:48
I can't seem to fit the 4x10 Slider board into the frame: it's about 1/16-in. too long. (The 5x8 fits just fine).
Am I not doing something to make it fit or could it be for another model Deardorff?
(My 8x10 Deardorff shows no Model No. or s/n anywhere).
If I can't figure this out by tomorrow, high noon, I will be visiting my friend's carpentry shop...

cdholden
20-Jan-2010, 21:00
Some backs have different grooves.
Some backs don't have any.
If the slider is too long, it wouldn't be hard to sand/cut it down, as long as it fits into the groove. If your friend has a wood shop and is experienced using it, they are much better qualified to assess it once you put it in their capable hands.

Steve Hamley
21-Jan-2010, 09:23
How long is it? Maybe from a different camera - Agfas and Kodak 2Ds had them too. I don't have the Agfa divider boards anymore, but the long one for my 2D is exactly 10" long. The relief is also longer on one end than the other.

Cheers, Steve

Renato Tonelli
21-Jan-2010, 10:01
How long is it? Maybe from a different camera - Agfas and Kodak 2Ds had them too. I don't have the Agfa divider boards anymore, but the long one for my 2D is exactly 10" long. The relief is also longer on one end than the other.

Cheers, Steve

It's 10 1/8th and the relief is longer on one side. It must have been from a different camera.

I'm headed to my friend's carpentry shop right now...

Steve Hamley
21-Jan-2010, 10:15
Renato,

Before you modify the board, try reversing it. I seem to recall that the slot bay be deper on one side?

Cheers, Steve

Renato Tonelli
21-Jan-2010, 12:26
Renato,

Before you modify the board, try reversing it. I seem to recall that the slot bay be deper on one side?

Cheers, Steve

Thank you for the suggestion Steve. I tried that but it still didn't fit. I just came back from my friend's shop where i modified it - it fits now.:)

JosephBurke
21-Jan-2010, 15:30
I have a set of Deardorff sliders too....but apparently there is some variation regarding the backs.....different slots for different folks... ; )