PDA

View Full Version : developing

madmax12
13-Jan-2010, 12:45
I just developed some HP5 400 B&w film ,everything went fine as they are drying I am starting to see brown fog :eek: to develope on the negs . I am using HC110 developer and fast fix and stop. the times were 6 minutes hand agitation 10 sec stop and 5 minutes in the fix any help would be greatly appreciated :) Its the first time I have developed in a long time:confused:

madmax12
14-Jan-2010, 19:32
no answers or am I giving enough info

Gem Singer
14-Jan-2010, 19:50
Before you can get answers, you need to ask questions.

From your description, cannot figure out exactly what kind of a problem you are having.

If you are referring to the "brown fog", did it disappear when the film dried?

Jim Ewins
14-Jan-2010, 19:58
Mix fresh fix and process. When dry see how they print. Don't look for a problem til it bites you. Review your sanitary procedures.

madmax12
15-Jan-2010, 20:07
true sorry the fog is still there I will do the after it dried in fact it was worse I will try the new fix does the farmers solution help this thanx

Gem Singer
15-Jan-2010, 20:36
Don't bleach the image on your film with Farmer's Reducer.

Try re- fixing and rewashing the negatives for five, or ten minutes (not critical).

Then, add a few drops of a wetting agent, like Kodak Photo-Flo, to the wash water, and let the negatives soak for at least minute.

Allow the wetting agent it drain off of the film. Don't wash it off.

Finally, hang the negatives to dry in a dust free environment.

ki6mf
16-Jan-2010, 17:44
Agred with Gem only I have added more than a few drops of wetting agent and let the emulsion soak for 10-15 minutes in a water bath to control temperature at 68 degrees. I have uses cotton swabs to carefully and with a very light touch remove grunge from negatives too