PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Which Shen Hao Acc. Fit Chamonix 45N-1??

Mike1234
12-Jan-2010, 13:57
I need two recessed lens panels & a bag bellows for my Chamonix 45N-1. Does anyone know which of these accessories are interchangeable with the Shen Hao and WHICH MODEL Shen Hao??

BradS
12-Jan-2010, 14:11
doesn't the Chamonix take ordinary Linhof Technika style lens boards?

Mike1234
12-Jan-2010, 14:13
Hi Brad,

Yes, but there are two types... centered and non-centered.

Mike

D. Bryant
12-Jan-2010, 14:26
I need two recessed lens panels & a bag bellows for my Chamonix 45N-1. Does anyone know which of these accessories are interchangeable with the Shen Hao and WHICH MODEL Shen Hao??

I don't think the bellows are inter-changable. Any Linhof type board will work including the ones made by She Hao.

Don Bryant

vinny
12-Jan-2010, 14:28
The bellows are interchangeable with the shen hao HZX-45IIA. I use them on my chamonix 45N. The cham does take linhof style boards but only the factory spec ones like wista, linhof, etc. The thicker machined ones off ebay don't always fit because of the lock-down levers on the camera.

Mike1234
12-Jan-2010, 14:29
I've heard that ONE of the Shen Hao bag bellows fits perfectly. But I don't know which one??

Mike1234
12-Jan-2010, 14:35
Thanks, Vinny!! Do you know of the Shen Hao lens shade fits??

Mike1234
12-Jan-2010, 14:57
Well, I just ordered 2 flat boards, 2 recessed boards, and the bag bellows to fit the Shen Hao HZX. I trust this will all work properly with my Chamonix 45N-1. :D

The Lens shade can come later. :)

BradS
12-Jan-2010, 14:59
Hi Brad,

Yes, but there are two types... centered and non-centered.

Mike

I have not seen the Chamonix boards (they offer some made of carbon fiber) but the Shen Hoa boards that I have purchased from Badger Graphic are all off center drilled. Obviously, either will work since the Chamonix camera has plenty of front rise/fall. In fact, unless there is some zero detent or other reference marking for "Zero front rise"...it doesn't even matter.

EDIT: JUst noticed you need recessed boards??? I think they may only come with offset drilled holes - which gives more room for big fingers to move the shutter controls up top.

Mike1234
12-Jan-2010, 15:03
Hi Brad... as far as I can tell the flat boards are off-center and the recessed boards are centered. From what I've read both will work just fine. I also ordered the Shen Hao HZX bag bellows which is said to be a perfect match to the Chammy 45N-1. The only thing I didn't order was the lens shade. :) I'll order what fits later.

JEEZ... I FINALLY have the 6x12cm kit pieced together. :) Now for the 8x10in!! All I need is a strong/light CF Gitzo tripod, Manfrotto 400 head, some DDS... oh... and a Canham Wooden Standard Traditional. I'm only a few grand away without a penny to spend. If only I can sell about $5K work of gear... :rolleyes:

rugenius
12-Jan-2010, 23:38
The 6x12?

Sounds familiar...
Going to the jungle Tomorrow with that specific setup in mind.

Ciao,

Bill

:cool:

Mike1234
12-Jan-2010, 23:48
Bill,

Yes, this system is dedicated to 6x12cm roll film. This kit is for portability so I won't be carrying any DDS... just one RFH. I prefer longer formats so 4x5 would be cropped to 8 or 6cm on the short side anyway. If I want a taller image I'll take two shots and stitch.

Good luck in the jungle and post some examples when you have them ready!! :)