PDA

View Full Version : Using C-41 Bleach with RA-4 Process

kloppervok
11-Jan-2010, 11:02
I would like to know if it is possible to use the Flexicolor SM Tank Bleach (the green stuff) for use in color printing. I have gotten the go ahead to use the bleach III (the red stuff) but this one is still up in the air.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I would also like to know, considering that I do b/w, color, and now plan to do print both ra-4 and b/w, what is a fixer that I can use as a common denominator that will cover all (or the most) of my bases?

Thank you .

Athiril
27-Mar-2010, 02:40
I don't see why not, colour bleach is colour bleach, its made to do a single job, but it may or may not affect colour balance, there are other chemicals in the paper.

For fixer? Any thisulphate based fixer will do, so usually any universal fixer, or any colour fixer at all will do, Kodak E-6 Fixer Replenisher is a nice cheap one :)

You can dev your b&w in colour chems too, as long as you skip the bleach step. Though you'll have to adjust processing times to match to your film speed as b&w films all have different times in one developer unlike colour film, either that or adjust exposure to match the processing.