PDA

View Full Version : Question About Linhof Technika V

cp
29-Jan-2002, 04:04
i am looking for Linhof technika V /super technika V as my first LF camera, but questions : 1/ can i use it to take macro pic, and degree of magnification? 2/ can the bellow be changed in technika V? 3/ i will get a used one , but concerning using the rangefinder,can i find the l ens and the cam easily in second hand market? as the cams are lens dependent, bu t standardised for the camera body.

thanks

Doug Paramore
29-Jan-2002, 08:13
The Linhof Technika has triple extension bellows, which gets you above 1 to 1 magnification. By using short lenses, you can get some large magnification images. As to rangefinder cams, Bob Salomon is the resident guru on all things Linhof and you need to contact him.

Regards,

Ben Calwell
29-Jan-2002, 09:20
As a footnote to Doug's response,I tried contacting Mr. Salomon with a Linhof question, but he referred me to an outfit called Marflex.

Bjorn Nilsson
29-Jan-2002, 09:25
This link: http://www.cameraquest.com/techs.htm will provide you with lots of information about the different Tech models. (The site is filled with very good information about not only Linhof Techs, but also a multitude of different classic camera models.

For the tech V the cam goes with the lens (on its lensboard) and the lens/cam combo can be used with any V or Master. This means that you can have cams made for a lens which then will fit any V or Master.

You can certainly use the tech for macro work even with a 210mm lens. It is often more practical to use a shorter lens for macro work, e.g. a very short process lens if you can find one. Linhof have/had(?) special barrel macro lenses that are of 28 and 50 mm focal lengths which are mounted on special lensboards with an extension tube. (I'm not sure about the exact focal lenghts, but they are somewhere in that range anyhow.)

Bob Salomon
29-Jan-2002, 10:14
"Doug's response,I tried contacting Mr. Salomon with a Linhof question, but he referred me to an outfit called Marflex. "

you were asking service related questions on a very old Linhof.

Marflex is the US Service Center for Linhof and would happily answer your questions.

Bob Salomon
29-Jan-2002, 10:15
"28 and 50 mm focal lengths which are mounted on special lensboards with an extension tube. (I'm not sure about the exact focal lenghts, but they are somewhere in that range anyhow.) "

Close,

16mm to 100mm

Ben Calwell
29-Jan-2002, 10:53
"you were asking service related questions on a very old Linhof"

My question wasn't service related. Not being familiar with Linhofs, I simply asked if I could focus on the ground glass of an old 5x7 Linhof using my existing LF lenses, or if I would have to have cams to use them.

Bob Salomon
29-Jan-2002, 11:12
SORRY BEN.

It is always best to call. And it's free 800 735 4373.

But on old cameras I may refer to Marflex as they have more experience on them, Especially when you mention cams on a camera that has been out of production since 1964. We mistakingly thought you would want to make sure that the questions you have are answered accuratly. Especially as answering questions frequently creates more questions.

Wayne_6692
29-Jan-2002, 12:44
Welome to the Large Format Messageboard Ben - where nothing is ever easy.

Doug Paramore
29-Jan-2002, 20:13
Gosh, Bob, I didn't mean to get you dinged. I was trying to say that you are the one many of us on the forum look to when we want accurate information on Linhof stuff. Actually, whether you answer the question directly or refer it on to someone else, the result is still an answer the question.

Regards,