PDA

View Full Version : Need a Instrument manual for Sinar DB Changing

kinggump
8-Jan-2010, 10:19
I recent brought a Sinar shutter with several DB board, but I have a lens with original shutter on it. It is the normal one, so I need change it into the DB board. I saw there is a manual to guide you how to do the work. But I googled it, not results. So any one can help provide a link, or a manual to me which can guide make the change. Thank you in advance!

jackpie
8-Jan-2010, 13:54
I believe each lens has a unique DB board, so you would have to find the right one to mount it in. It might be easier to post here to see if anyone wants to swap an equivalent DB mounted lens for yours in shutter.

Which lens is it?

kinggump
8-Jan-2010, 20:27
Hi, Jackpie:

I know, as I already brought the right DB board for my lens, and my question is how can I change the from current copal to DB board.

mikec
9-Jan-2010, 02:02
For mine, there was nothing more complicated than unscrewing the lens cells from the shutter and screwing them in to the db board. That said, I have not checked the cell spacing :( before/after doing so, but have not seen any focus issue. You may find, on unscrewing the front element from the shutter that there is a shim to ensure correct cell spacing. I do not suggest that you transfer it to the DB , even if it is possible. I only have 3 DB boards, and none have shims. Also I have never heard of any DB needing them. In my case here was no shim between the front cell and the shutter as reportedly seen in some ( early copal?), but as it was a second hand lens , if there was one originally, it got lost before it reached me.

So to get it absolutely right you should check cell spacing against the manafacturers specs after doing the swap.

kinggump
9-Jan-2010, 05:58
Hi, Mikec:

Thank you for you remind, I will take care of this point.

Keiske
9-Jan-2010, 07:11
Is this what you are looking for?
http://image2output-support.com/downloads/sinar/View%20Camera%20Service%20Manuals/Lens%20Mounting.pdf

kinggump
9-Jan-2010, 08:00
Hi, Keiske:

Thank you so much, the document on that websit is very useful for me.

Thank you again!

kinggump
23-Sep-2010, 06:37
For mine, there was nothing more complicated than unscrewing the lens cells from the shutter and screwing them in to the db board. That said, I have not checked the cell spacing :( before/after doing so, but have not seen any focus issue. You may find, on unscrewing the front element from the shutter that there is a shim to ensure correct cell spacing. I do not suggest that you transfer it to the DB , even if it is possible. I only have 3 DB boards, and none have shims. Also I have never heard of any DB needing them. In my case here was no shim between the front cell and the shutter as reportedly seen in some ( early copal?), but as it was a second hand lens , if there was one originally, it got lost before it reached me.

So to get it absolutely right you should check cell spacing against the manafacturers specs after doing the swap.

I recently brought some original mounted Lens with DB Board, I find their all have the shim in side of it. So anyone who has the experince can confirm, whether I need it in DB board or not.

Sevo
23-Sep-2010, 07:02
I believe each lens has a unique DB board,

To some degree true for the DB boards supplied with some more popular sinar branded lenses - they simplified on them, putting in a few rigid rather than adjustable parts, so that they won't fit anything with different aperture scale.

Most boards (and all that were sold separately) are to some degree generic and have adjustable aperture scaling - however they are only adjustable within limits. You'd still need one that matches your lens in adjustment range as well as in size. And adjustment is not entirely easy, if you are not lucky to hit upon a board that is already set up for your lens. Which sounds worse than it is in real life, most boards traded hereabouts once housed a Symmar/Sinaron/Sironar/Nikon W, and as long as you want to use the board with one of them again, adjustment boils down to setting the right start value, as these lenses are the same type and quite interchangeable, to less than a half stop error.

Sevo