PDA

View Full Version : Lens board for Dallmeyer Pentac 8" f/2.9?

unkgowa
6-Jan-2010, 07:22
Looking to fit this onto my Speed Graphic.. The lens hasn't arrived yet (coming from Germany) and I have virtually no experience with lens boards types even though it looks quite simple.. Any help to find the right lens board would be appreciated..

Any ideas?

Walter Calahan
6-Jan-2010, 10:56
You may have to drill a custom lens board for this lens because the threads measure around 74 mm in diameter. Did you get a mounting flange with the lens?

unkgowa
6-Jan-2010, 11:44
I'm not sure if I have a mounting flange with the lens yet, it hasn't arrived.. I know the similar 178mm f/2.5 Aero-Ektar needs custom boards but I don't know how different the Dallmeyer is to that..

Bosaiya
6-Jan-2010, 16:49
I made one for mine out of oak and brass.

domaz
8-Jan-2010, 16:16
I just got done making a crude Graphic lensboard to mount a Petzval that needed a 70mm lensboard hole. The biggest problem you are going to have is how to retain the lens. 74mm is about the limit of the inner light trap of the Graphic, so the lens will go through but I don't think a retaining ring will make it. Perhaps this lens has a flange and you could put the flange on the front? It's going to be tricky.

unkgowa
9-Jan-2010, 05:56
The lens came in the post yesterday and it does have a flange.. I made some calculations and it looks like it'll be surprisingly easy, all I need now is to drill a good hole and round off some edges.. Thanks for the replies..