PDA

View Full Version : Roll Film Holders For Sinar F+?

Paulo K. Ogino A.
19-Dec-2001, 14:00
I'm interested in using 6x9 or 6x12 roll film holders in the Sinar F+, for panor amic and high rise buildings photography, but I don't know if there's any limita tion on compatibility. I've seen some Linhof Rollex 6x9 and SuperRollex at a goo d price, but I don't know if I'll need some adapter or how it works in the back of the camera. Please let me know about that and if possible about any other bra nd that I can use. Thanks!

NG Sai-kit
19-Dec-2001, 21:07
Hi Paul, try Sinar Zoom 2 RFH. Though it was expensive, you get 5 formats in one starting from 6x4.5 to 6x12.

Kit

Dave Schneidr
20-Dec-2001, 10:04
Paulo, since non of the Sinar experts have chimed in I'll give you my two cents worth. I have a Sinar F2 and an older F front standard so assume the F+ is somewhere between these. There are a few problems with roll film holders and the Sinar back. I have a Toyo 6x9 holder which did not fit on the Sinar back at all until I removed the large plastic slides from the holder. These slides are designed for putting the holder under the ground glass. It is to thick for that so I have always used the Graphlocks. The reason it didn't fit is that these slides hit the raised casting at the edge of the back which is designed to hold rear accessories. The Toyo holder will not fit in vertical orientation at all. The locking levers for swing interfere. The older Graphic holder I have works without problems.

Paulo K. Ogino A.
20-Dec-2001, 19:15
Thank you David, what do you think about the Cambo C2N 6x9 Slide-in Roll Film Holder? I guess they work like the cut film holders or the polaroid film holders...

Richard Stum / Kinesis
21-Dec-2001, 11:00
I have a review posted on my site about the Calumet "C2" backs (not the newer C2 N backs) at http://www.kinesisgear.com/opinion.html.