PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Extension Rail Doesn't Fit

Robert Meier
29-Dec-2009, 11:05
I have a 12" Sinar extension rail that fits with one of my other Sinar rails, but doesn't fit with the other rail I've got. The screw seems to be too small to engage the socket on the other rail. Did Sinar make two sizes of rail screws?

Armin Seeholzer
29-Dec-2009, 12:08
I'm sure not, but maybe the former user did some changes!

Cheers Armin

Ken Lee
29-Dec-2009, 16:03
http://www.kenleegallery.com/images/forum/rails.jpg

You may have gotten the wrong kind. There are black-ended ones, and red-ended ones.

You're not the first person to make this mistake: I did too. I purchased the wrong kind.

The black one doesn't rotate. It is a terminal piece, you might say. It is designed to fit into a red one.

The red one rotates, allowing the head of a black one, to be screwed into the other end.

Drew Wiley
29-Dec-2009, 16:18
Center rail versus extension rail

Robert Meier
29-Dec-2009, 21:19
I have two black rails and one red one. The red one screws into one of the black rails just fine (either end), but not the other one (neither end). I turn the red end to tighten it and it just turns without ever engaging the threads. That's why I wondered if Sinar used two different size threads.

sha_hong
16-Jan-2010, 09:44
seems the red one is extension rail.

Allen in Montreal
16-Jan-2010, 12:53
As Ken and Drew mentioned, one, the black ended rails, are the the center rails, red ended rails screw into it. You need another red ended rail if you wish to add on further.

You can not add a second black ended rail into the project.