PDA

View Full Version : DeVere 108s enlarger

Tony Lakin
29-Dec-2009, 08:27
Hi
I am trying to locate a 5X5 inch mixing chamber for my DeVere 108 Dichromat colour head, any help would be greatly appreciated:) the attached photo shows this head attached to a DeVere 108s enlarger.

ic-racer
29-Dec-2009, 09:11
In 'the states' I would check :
glennview
www.footprintsequipment.com
www.kullphoto.com
www.pgysy.com

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
29-Dec-2009, 11:04
You could try this person in Germany
Fotoservice Jungkunz <jungkunz@used-minilab.net>

Peter De Smidt
29-Dec-2009, 11:24
Try Odyssey Sales in the UK, ttp://www.odyssey-sales.com/company/de-vere.asp, and KHB Photographics in Canada, http://www.khbphotografix.com/devere/.

Tony Lakin
30-Dec-2009, 04:40
Hi Guys
Thanks for your advise, I have tried some of the Websites you have suggested, no luck, I guess I will have to wait until after the holidays and try Emailing some of them to see if they have one lurking in a storeroom somewhere, in the meantime any further suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.
Regards
Tony

Tony Lakin
30-Dec-2009, 09:18
Hi again
Just an addition, here attached is a photo of the 10X10 inch mixing box, the 5X5 should look very similar but the diffuser will be much smaller.

ic-racer
30-Dec-2009, 12:32
I'd get that 10x10 one from e-bay and use it for some experiments. Maybe someone can post some pictues of the 5x5 box and you can copy it.

Tony Lakin
30-Dec-2009, 13:28
I'd get that 10x10 one from e-bay and use it for some experiments. Maybe someone can post some pictues of the 5x5 box and you can copy it.

That would be an option, however purchasing the one on Ebay would be an expensive excercise just for experementation as the carriage cost would be high, a photo or diagram of the inside a 5X5 box would be great.

Thanks again:)

ic-racer
30-Dec-2009, 18:39
That would be an option, however purchasing the one on Ebay would be an expensive excercise just for experementation as the carriage cost would be high, a photo or diagram of the inside a 5X5 box would be great.

Thanks again:)

Ahh, yes...Isle of Man.

I could post some pictures of my Durst 4x5 (yes it is rectangle, and has to be rotated if needed) mixing box. It might give you some ideas in terms of making one. Though, I see in yours the light comes in from the upper side and in the Durst, the light comes in from the top.

BTW, that looks like a fantastic enlarger!

Tony Lakin
31-Dec-2009, 02:06
Ahh, yes...Isle of Man.

I could post some pictures of my Durst 4x5 (yes it is rectangle, and has to be rotated if needed) mixing box. It might give you some ideas in terms of making one. Though, I see in yours the light comes in from the upper side and in the Durst, the light comes in from the top.

BTW, that looks like a fantastic enlarger!

Thanks for your offer of a photo, as you say the design is completely different so it wouldn't help, I only have the head from this enlarger which I purchased on Ebay and grafted on to my much older very basic Devere 108 enlarger, I also subsequently purchased a complete one as in the photo but had only some of the parts sent to me, having the whole enlarger shipped here would have been an expensive nightmare, I have been told that lots of 108s enlargers were sold to Africa and that most of the one's in the UK ended up in skips(dumpsters}.