PDA

View Full Version : I need help! Mamiya Digital Back zdb22 and shutter release of Schneider lenses

hsg
25-Dec-2009, 22:22
Dear sirs! Do you have any ideas or solutions how to synchronize Mamiya digital back zdb 22 with shutter release of Shneider lenses. What plate or cord do I need?

B.S.Kumar
26-Dec-2009, 02:41
I assume you're talking about using the ZDb on a 4x5 camera? Then you need the Mamiya ZD Back Adapter HX401. Search for it on ebay.

Kumar

hsg
26-Dec-2009, 05:11
Thank you, Kumar!
Yes, I have Toyo GX45, Mamiya Digital Back Zdb22 and adapter from fotodiox without any link to lenses... May be there is electric schem of contacts in Zdb back somewhere to try find out which of them is used for synchronization?

B.S.Kumar
26-Dec-2009, 06:26
If you look at the pictures on ebay, it looks as if the contacts/synchro cord connections are on the adapter, rather than on the back. The Fotodiox/Widepan adapter is for other backs in the Mamiya 645 mount, not the Mamiya ZD.

Kumar

hsg
27-Dec-2009, 10:15
I assume there is no other solution besides Mamiya ZD Back Adapter HX401...

Gary Beasley
27-Dec-2009, 13:35
Think this will help?
http://www.kapturegroup.com/phase/phase.html#4x4one_a

B.S.Kumar
27-Dec-2009, 18:17
The ZD back needs a power source, which is integrated into the HX401. Also, the syncro connection is from the adapter, rather than the back. So that really is your only option. Adapters for Mamiya RZ and RB also have a similar construction.

Kumar

tnabbott
12-Feb-2012, 14:29
The ZD back needs a power source, which is integrated into the HX401. Also, the syncro connection is from the adapter, rather than the back. So that really is your only option. Adapters for Mamiya RZ and RB also have a similar construction.

Kumar

This is incorrect, I believe. The ZD back is powered by a LION battery. This back will work on fully manual (no battery/power) bodies like the Pro SD RB.

Michael E
12-Feb-2012, 14:39
This back will work on fully manual (no battery/power) bodies like the Pro SD RB.

Yes, it does. But unlike Leaf backs (for example), the sync chord from the shutter does not connect to the back. It connects to the adapter.

I'm sure you can make the db contacts work for you. If don't find any information, look up PhaseOne backs, they often share the same camera mount.

Good luck,

Michael

B.S.Kumar
12-Feb-2012, 19:45
This is an old thread, but thanks for pointing out my mistake. I thought the protrusion on the adapters housed the battery, and that the back was directly powered by the ZD camera's battery in its originally intended configuration. Long ago, I was looking seriously at this back, but the idea of a dedicated adapter went against it. If only Mamiya had put a synchro socket on the back itself, it would have been better.

Kumar