PDA

View Full Version : Request for Dimensions of Shen Hao 810 back

Joe Forks
15-Dec-2009, 17:34
If someone could provide these three measurements I would be deeply appreciative

1) Overall dimensions of the back; i.e. 12 3/8" square for my Zone VI 810 back

2) Dimensions of the light trap; i.e. 11" square for my Zone VI light trap

3) Depth of the light trap; i.e. 1/8" deep for my Zone VI light trap

Thanks in advance
Best
Joe

Joe Forks
20-Dec-2009, 08:44
I've searched high and low for this info, e-mailed folks that I know own the camera, even asked Badger graphics for it... I've now e-mailed Shen Hao and got two of the measurements, 1 & 3, but still needing overall light trap dimensions due to translation issues.... anyone? please?

1) 313mm overall dimensions

2) ??? light trap dimensions

3) 5.8mm light trap depth

ic-racer
20-Dec-2009, 09:16
I'll try to check my camera today.

Joe Forks
20-Dec-2009, 09:42
Thanks ic-racer!

Dave Langendonk
21-Dec-2009, 16:20
Well, my Shen-Hao FCL810-A back measures 311 x 311 mm. The light trap measures 283 x 283 mm, and the depth is 8mm. The light trap, as I'm interpreting your intent, is the opening in the rear standard that the bellows frame fits into. Is that what you wanted?

Joe Forks
21-Dec-2009, 19:06
Dave,
Thanks very much for the help. Here's a photograph to illustrate my request.

http://logojoe.com/snakes/P7217316_800px.jpg

Where the overall dimension of the back is the red line, and the overall dimension of what I call the light trap is in white. For the depth of the light trap I am referring to the difference in thickness or height between the red and white layers or levels. So my refernce is to the back itself, rather than the camera.

Best
Joe

Dave Langendonk
21-Dec-2009, 20:18
OK, with that in mind I measured the back itself and it's 282mm square. 1mm less than the opening in the rear standard. The light trap as you described it above on the removable back is just shy of 4mm. Stronger than 3.5mm but not quite 4mm. So this part of the back protrudes into the rear standard by almost 4mm. I measured this using a very accurate scale under a magnifier. I didn't pull out the vernier calipers yet but I could if you need that level of accuracy.

Joe Forks
22-Dec-2009, 07:00
No that's perfect Dave! Thanks a bunch. I can work with those measurements, They are within millimeters of what I was hoping for as well.

Best
Joe