PDA

View Full Version : New sub-forum for image sharing

Ralph Barker
15-Dec-2009, 08:20
We've added a separate sub-forum for sharing and discussing (LF only) images: Image Sharing & Discussion.

Description: Post your own (large-format only) images for sharing and discussion. Critiques should only be offered if requested by the original poster.

jb7
15-Dec-2009, 09:04
Very good-
will the other image threads (mostly in 'On Photography') be moved there?

Might be good to put them all in the same place, though it'll be a bit of work, I suppose...

Preston
15-Dec-2009, 09:37
Excellent! Thanks for doing this!

I was going to ask the same question as did jb7.

-Preston

John Bowen
15-Dec-2009, 09:47
We've added a separate sub-forum for sharing and discussing (LF only) images: Image Sharing & Discussion.

Description: Post your own (large-format only) images for sharing and discussion. Critiques should only be offered if requested by the original poster.

Not to side track this thread, but it's good to see Ralph posting once again.

Struan Gray
15-Dec-2009, 11:49
Great idea :-)

Thanks for implementing this - it'll make it a lot easier to keep track of the various image posting threads.

Marko Trebusak
15-Dec-2009, 22:39
Thanks! That was a good move. As Struan wrote, it'll make it easier to track photos. We are photographers after all.

Cheers,
Marko

Gary L. Quay
16-Dec-2009, 05:06
Critiques should only be offered if requested by the original poster.

Is a critique considered to be more than a "Hey, I like this image" reply?

--Gary

Ralph Barker
16-Dec-2009, 08:42
Struan - yes, thanks for suggesting it. Of course, we'll blame you if the sections "goes south". ;)

John - thanks for the comment. I'm here almost every day, but have been concentrating on technical/housekeeping chores.

Gary - positive comments are seldom rejected by folks. Some, however, are sensitive to critical comments unless they have actually requested a critique. We just want to keep the discussions friendly.

Sorry, forgot - old image threads will be migrated to the new section as time permits.

Struan Gray
17-Dec-2009, 01:43
we'll blame you if the sections "goes south". ;)

Lining up my kittens in Santa hats as we speak......

Jon Wilson
19-Dec-2009, 10:16
Nice holiday gift. Excellent idea! Thank you for a great forum!