PDA

View Full Version : dallmeyer soft focus lens

auguste bacou
14-Dec-2009, 12:52
Hi everybody
just join LFPF
I had - already sold- a dallmeyer soft focus lens with frontal aperture and only one element on the back
I used it to do portrait and some creative picture (see picture in attach document) the effect was fantastic due to the high lights "explosed" on the white
if somebody has some information for me it will be fantastic

Steve Wright
16-Dec-2009, 13:22
What Dallmyer do you have? I just received a 6" f/5.6 Dallmyer that I've fitted to a Linhof board. Now I need a model like yours I can try it on. I've been looking for a Petzval but can't seem to win the bidding on Ebay.
Steve

Bosaiya
16-Dec-2009, 14:26
I have a couple of the f/2.9 versions, I think they're lovely.

Louis Pacilla
16-Dec-2009, 16:53
Hi

I think the Dallmeyer you were using was a Dallmeyer-Bandfield soft focus lens
These are quit rare(@ least I have never seen one for sale. I Want one though) & if you find one more than likely it will be big $$$$ my guess.

You can read about this type of diffused focus lens on the Camera eccentric site. sorry I don't know how to do links. maybe someone w/ the ability will do the link or just Google Camera Eccentric & you'll find it. go to the Information tab. go to Dallmeyer catalog from 1931 & you'll find the lens you more than likely used.

hope this helps
Peace
Louis

Jim Graves
16-Dec-2009, 21:52
Here's the link to the Dallmyer 1920-30 catalog:Link (http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/dallmeyer_1.html)

Scroll sown through the pages using the panel on the left side ... then click on the page and the larger page will appear on the right side (the soft focus lenses start on page 13.)

Joe Smigiel
17-Dec-2009, 16:06
...I think the Dallmeyer you were using was a Dallmeyer-Bandfield soft focus lens
These are quit rare(@ least I have never seen one for sale. I Want one though) & if you find one more than likely it will be big $$$$ my guess...

I recall one on ebay about one year ago, 14" focal length I think. IIRC, it was humongoid & sold for a ginormous sum.