PDA

View Full Version : Bellows Blocking Movements

robertmgray
13-Dec-2009, 20:18
Do any of you have to adjust your bellows to keep from blocking a portion of light from getting to the groundglass from the lens? I bought the universal bellows upgrade with my 4x5 chamonix, and I've learned the hard way that I have to tuck the bellows behind the back of lens, especially with rise. Is this at all normal? I can take pictures if necessary.

Ed Richards
13-Dec-2009, 20:34
Yep, same problem on the Ebony. There is no getting around it - just pull the back and check the bellows for extreme movements. This is the one Ebony camera item that is not very well thought out. Sinar does a better job.

Vaughn
13-Dec-2009, 20:34
Not an unusual problem. My 8x10 has a tab, with a ring, attached on the top of the bellows (about 1/3 of the way back). I can pull the tab forward and hook on the front standard -- this takes out the slack in the bellows and keeps it out of the light path -- and also helps to stabilize the front standard a little.

Vaughn

robertmgray
13-Dec-2009, 20:48
Thanks Ed and Vaughn, I appreciate the speedy response. I guess I'll just add that to my things to keep in mind before taking the shot.

Joanna Carter
14-Dec-2009, 03:14
I guess I'll just add that to my things to keep in mind before taking the shot.
You did remember to pull the darkslide before taking that last shot, didn't you? :eek:

robertmgray
14-Dec-2009, 08:28
Haha yes, I don't seem to have trouble remembering the darkslide, but I have had an instance where I forgot to close the lens before removing the darkslide. But hey, everyone needs to get a completely clear slide back every once in awhile, just to keep you on your toes. :)

Ed Richards
15-Dec-2009, 14:26
Just mounted my 72mm on a recessed lens board. Really limits interference with the bellows, but I will still check before I take a shot. Might give it a try, you can get cheap ones on Ebay.