PDA

View Full Version : Sinar F2 - 8x10?

welly
12-Dec-2009, 19:00
Hey guys,

I'm probably getting ahead of myself but just out of curiosity, the Sinar F2 I've ordered - is it possible for this to be "upgraded" or otherwise altered to shoot 8x10 film?

Cheers,

Welly

welly
12-Dec-2009, 19:03
Ah. Ignore my post, a bit more searching of the forum has given me the answer I was looking for, which is "yes".

Bjorn Nilsson
13-Dec-2009, 00:43
That is a rather expensive "yes" though. These backs are rare as hens teeth and thus fetches quite a lot on the used market.
It's probably easier to find a P (or P2) back bearer with or without an 8x10 frame. I.e. it will combine into a Sinar C. If you choose that route, again, the easiest (read: cheapest) is to get the bearer complete with a 4x5 frame. Then there are 8x10 conversion kits, complete with bellows, which is what you want. While that P back does weigh more, it isn't that much heavier as it's made from aluminium. On the positive side is that it makes the camera much more easy to operate/manipulate. A final note of warning: Usually "everything fits everything" in the Sinar world, but there are two different 8x10 backs/bellows. As I personally don't shoot 8x10 I don't know the intricates of this, but there are many threads on this particular subject, which are easy to find with a forum search.

//Björn

Stephane
13-Dec-2009, 02:04
Hello Welly
I have one of these 8x10 F2 standard that I have never used. It is like a p, but no asymmetric tilt. If interested, just tell me (see pictures). I can send it with a 4x5 carrier frame. The attachment for the back is like the p/p2/x. All bubble levels are good. Think about it...

Stephane

JosephBurke
13-Dec-2009, 09:36
...I added a P 8x10 rear standard years ago to my 4x5 F.....(though it is long ago sold and I moved to field type cameras).....if I remember I gave about $400 for the 8x10 conversion which included everything I needed, bellows too, and 13 8x10 modern film holders....still have the holders...in hindsight I got a heck of a deal.......one of the very "few" transactions where I didn't take a beating......

welly
13-Dec-2009, 14:17
Hello Welly
I have one of these 8x10 F2 standard that I have never used. It is like a p, but no asymmetric tilt. If interested, just tell me (see pictures). I can send it with a 4x5 carrier frame. The attachment for the back is like the p/p2/x. All bubble levels are good. Think about it...

Stephane

I may get back to you on that, but I think I need to learn to shoot 4x5 first :) Will pm you anyway!

Cheers,

Welly

Bob McCarthy
13-Dec-2009, 18:55
Hello Welly

Stephane

I might have an interest, PM me a price if you would.

bob

AlexGard
5-Apr-2014, 00:34
I might have an interest, PM me a price if you would.

bob

Is there anyone that sells an all-in-one kit to convert a sinar F2 4x5 into 8x10?

koh303
5-Apr-2014, 06:11
Is there anyone that sells an all-in-one kit to convert a sinar F2 4x5 into 8x10?

Sinar does... :)

Francisco J. Fernández
5-Apr-2014, 12:29
That is a rather expensive "yes" though. These backs are rare as hens teeth and thus fetches quite a lot on the used market.
It's probably easier to find a P (or P2) back bearer with or without an 8x10 frame. I.e. it will combine into a Sinar C. If you choose that route, again, the easiest (read: cheapest) is to get the bearer complete with a 4x5 frame. Then there are 8x10 conversion kits, complete with bellows, which is what you want. While that P back does weigh more, it isn't that much heavier as it's made from aluminium. On the positive side is that it makes the camera much more easy to operate/manipulate. A final note of warning: Usually "everything fits everything" in the Sinar world, but there are two different 8x10 backs/bellows. As I personally don't shoot 8x10 I don't know the intricates of this, but there are many threads on this particular subject, which are easy to find with a forum search.

//Björn

Hi.
I have 8x10 Sinar F2 and also 8x10 Sinar P. .. is possible to exchange almost everything on the Sinar system. But there is a bottleneck that prevents changes. The bellows of the P system are smaller in its back frame … (the big side of bellow) of the bellows (at the front are always supported). And have their aluminum frame, can not be used or F/F2/P2 systems because they are larger. Systems F and P2 if they are fully interchangeable in all its parts.

It is also possible to change the format back and use more or less back (conversion).

Francisco J. Fernández
5-Apr-2014, 20:55
I forgot to add that being smaller upright and your back under both the bellows and the back spring are smaller in the P system in the P2 system or F2 and therefore those pieces that fit into the rear pillar are not interchangeable .
Attempts to extend the format of 4x5 to 8x10 needed around the complete set, frame, bellows and spring back. or P or P2 system

AlexGard
6-Apr-2014, 01:22
Sinar does... :)

Link? I couldn't find anything other than just full systems

koh303
6-Apr-2014, 06:39
http://www.capturescanprint.com/
Sinar dealer in oz. They can get parts.
It would be a replacement/spare part.

koh303
6-Apr-2014, 07:55
That said - you would be better off buying a complete 8X10 system from another make as the rear 8X10 standard will no doubt cost more then getting a complete 8x10...

erie patsellis
7-Apr-2014, 08:14
Francisco,
The difference is that the larger one is a metering back, the other non. Both versions are found on the P cameras frequently.

Francisco J. Fernández
7-Apr-2014, 08:35
Francisco,
The difference is that the larger one is a metering back, the other non. Both versions are found on the P cameras frequently.

I have both the 2 cameras and believe me the bellows can not go from one to another because their size is different. The P syatem is smaller tham the sitema P2 / F2

The backing SINAR P has 2 versions, one is normal and has all the moves. Another is simple and has only focused movements (is smaller, is not micrometric ).

The back SINAR P2 (used the same frame as F2 but its base is different, is not micrometric) is larger than the SINAR P. And also has 2 other versions, of SINAR P2 back one with the option of measuring and another simpler than does not medition insert.

Why say that? because I've used all 4 versions

I never talk about what they hear or read ... I only speak of what is on my table.

erie patsellis
7-Apr-2014, 08:39
Within the P system, there are both variants. The difference between the F and the P is the attachment method.

Francisco J. Fernández
7-Apr-2014, 08:52
Within the P system, there are both variants. The difference between the F and the P is the attachment method.

I'm sure you have access to 4 versios Sinar 8x10 and has checked? because if I did so.

The SINAR P system is very different from the system SINAR P2 ... especially in the size of the frames and the technology of the micrometer lace

The system SINAR F and SINAR C olds. They are very different from the modern system SINAR F2.

The difference between the system SINAR F and SINAR F2 modern system is only in the front pillar of SINAR F with no movement of focus

I have worked for almost 30 years, with all models of SINAR ALPINA, NORMA, P, C, F and P2/F2 (4x5", 5x7" and 8x10") and know all its parts one by one. I know neither E nor SINAR new digital models SINAR M (DSLR) I have not used the SINAR P3.

erie patsellis
7-Apr-2014, 21:27
When I had my studio, I did have both flavors of F and P cameras. It is possible to use the MB back on a P, in fact my Sinar rep at the time suggested it. It's not uncommon to find either camera with either back here in the states.

Francisco J. Fernández
8-Apr-2014, 08:29
When I had my studio, I did have both flavors of F and P cameras. It is possible to use the MB back on a P, in fact my Sinar rep at the time suggested it. It's not uncommon to find either camera with either back here in the states.

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR… sorry the translations no sense, but I understand that you could mix a back SINAR P with a front SINAR F

Re: Sinar F2 - 8x10?
Cuando tuve a mi estudio, yo tenía dos sabores de F y P cámaras. Es posible utilizar el MB volver en un P, de hecho mi representante Sinar en el momento sugirió. No es raro encontrar ya sea la cámara, ya sea aquí en los estados.

YES… OK…

if it exists and is called SINAR C (COMBI) but was common only in 4x5. Stop manufactured in 5x7 and 8x10 .... but that is no stranger ... that's a SINAR C system is commercialized in the 70 and 80 with an intermediate price between SINAR P (expensive) and SINAR F (Cheap ).

I have 2 SINAR C.

This whole thing to say that the back of the back of bellows SINAR P 8x10, and the back bellows of SINAR NORMA 8x10 are smaller than the rest of the backs bellows of another SINAR 8x10 and therefore are not comparibles?… uff

Misko
3-Sep-2015, 23:41
I am really sorry if it's against rules to raise old topics from the dead but I think I see here the discussion that could help me!

Namely I own Sinar P 5x7 and 4x5 (with larger/longer bearers) and have a chance to purchase affordable 8x10 back with Sinar F2 bearer & bellows which maybe could be used on my Sinar P?

Basically I would like to detach the frame from the rear bearer of F2 and attach it to the P bearer if possible? I believe that front end of the 8x10 bellows of F2 would fit to my 4x5 front P frame? So basically only question is would F2's rear 8x10 frame (standard) fit onto my P system bearer?

Thank you in advance for help

redshift
4-Sep-2015, 04:23
I believe you are in luck. Looking at the literature I see no difference between the frames of the F and P series. There is a difference between the 8x10 bellows for metering back and non-metering back.

I am really sorry if it's against rules to raise old topics from the dead but I think I see here the discussion that could help me!

Namely I own Sinar P 5x7 and 4x5 (with larger/longer bearers) and have a chance to purchase affordable 8x10 back with Sinar F2 bearer & bellows which maybe could be used on my Sinar P?

Basically I would like to detach the frame from the rear bearer of F2 and attach it to the P bearer if possible? I believe that front end of the 8x10 bellows of F2 would fit to my 4x5 front P frame? So basically only question is would F2's rear 8x10 frame (standard) fit onto my P system bearer?

Thank you in advance for help

Misko
5-Sep-2015, 04:27
Sounds awesome. Thanks RedShift! The back I might be getting is non metering back and it comes with appropriate bellows which makes me happy :)

Have to just sit & decide if I should keep the F2 too or maybe put on it my 5x7 frame & bellows and sell it to return some money.

If all this is right - I might be shooting some 8x10 soon :)