PDA

View Full Version : New article: Books published 2009

QT Luong
11-Dec-2009, 12:15
I've compiled a list of books of 2009 large format photography books (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/books/2009/) that caught my attention. The list is ordered by publication date. It's not really meant to be a "top 10 books of the year" list, since I've likely missed many.

Please feel free to add your favorites to this thread.

Also, If there is interest, I might go back in time a few years.

Doug Howk
11-Dec-2009, 13:55
Tillman Crane A Walk Along the Jordan River (http://www.tillmancrane.com/jordan/index.html) A master pt/pd printer demonstrating that you don't have to be in Yosemite to make beautiful images of the landscape.

csant
11-Dec-2009, 14:28
Also, If there is interest, I might go back in time a few years.

That'd be lovely! I always curious to see what interesting (LF) work has been published. Thanks for that list!

srbphoto
11-Dec-2009, 16:35
If going back in time...

Lyle Gomes - Imagining Eden, University of Virginia Press, 2005

Mark Citret - Along the Way, 1999

Both are full of beautiful work.

Richard Wasserman
11-Dec-2009, 17:55
If we can go back to 1998–

Plant Kingdoms: The Photographs of Charles Jones

He was an English Victorian gardener who photographed the fruits and vegetables he grew and was very, very good at both endeavors. Plus how is work was discovered is a great story. This, I think, is a book worth searching for.

Jim Becia
12-Dec-2009, 06:23
Two books published this year that I really like and added to my collection are Roman Lornac's "Fractal Dreams" and Richard Garrod's "Visual Metaphors." Jim

Merg Ross
12-Dec-2009, 19:39
Two books published this year that I really like and added to my collection are Roman Lornac's "Fractal Dreams" and Richard Garrod's "Visual Metaphors." Jim

Good choices, Jim. I also added them.

Bill_1856
12-Dec-2009, 20:59
Clyde Butcher -- Big Cypress Swamp: The Western Everglades.
I have a soft spot for photographers who not only show their images, but discuss what they were thinking or problems they had.
Here is his description about Tamiami Trail #1:
"This photograph was taken along the edge of the Tamiami Trail. It was very dangerous because the tripod was set up near the side railing that is only a few feet from the highway. I had attached an extra length of tubing to my tripod legs in order to get the 5x7 ciew camera up high over the grass. After focusing the camera, I raised it up to about 10 feet and took the picture...."