PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Questions Re Cooke XVa

Richard K.
5-Dec-2009, 09:57
I must admit I've lusted after this lens for a while and just as soon as my kidney sale goes through :eek: I'll join the list at Badgers... :D

My questions:

Do the single elements improve their performance when used with say a yellow filter?

How do the single cells compare with equivalent focal length whole lenses - eg. how would the rear cell (476mm f/11) compare in performance with say a 19" (482mm f/11) Red Dot Artar?

Thanks!:)

John Berry
5-Dec-2009, 10:36
No. Not many complete lenses can compare, let alone just a back cell.

Richard K.
5-Dec-2009, 13:57
No. Not many complete lenses can compare, let alone just a back cell.

Sorry John, but no what?:confused: You mean that it's a good lens even with single cell?:)

Walter Calahan
5-Dec-2009, 18:20
This is an excellent lens "even" with a single cell. I own #065. Has never let me down.

Diane Maher
5-Dec-2009, 18:22
Richard,
Do an advanced search for Cooke XVa in the Lenses & Lens Accessories forum. That question might be answered in one of those threads.

Diane

Richard K.
5-Dec-2009, 18:41
Richard,
Do an advanced search for Cooke XVa in the Lenses & Lens Accessories forum. That question might be answered in one of those threads.

Diane

Thanks Diane, I should have done that first! I did now and I'm satisfied that this is a lens I want. Problem now is that I want it even more...and sooner...!! :D