PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Technika III E 13x18cm

Nelson Sousa
4-Dec-2009, 05:27
Hello!

I need to get information about the technical features of the old Linhof Technika III E 13x18cm camera (serial number 39616). Mainly its movements and the focal lengths allowed - specially curious about the possibility of using the Schneider 72XL super wide-angle lens.

Is there any source for information about the historic Linhof cameras?

By the way, any idea why Linhof stop producing the larger than 4x5 field cameras?

Best regards!

Bob Salomon
4-Dec-2009, 05:31
Yes, call us at 800 735-4373 and we can answer your questions. The last question is easy - sales went way too low to keep making the 57 and 69 Technikas, Same with the 18 x 24cm Technika.

Nelson Sousa
4-Dec-2009, 05:56
I´m typing from Portugal. Is that number valid for a phone call from here?

Is there a quick answer for that 72XL possibility?

Thanks!

Peter K
4-Dec-2009, 09:21
Is there a quick answer for that 72XL possibility?
Nelson, as the T III 13x18 was made the shortes aviable WA-lens for 13x18cm was the Angulon 120mm. Shorter focal-lenghts could be used with the WA-device for the T 13x18, not aviable anymore. The last Technika 13x18 model from the late eighties had the integrated wide-angle focusing track inside the housing now used also with the Technika 3000.

So the WA-device, if you will find one, cannot bear the SA 72XL. Also a focusing mount for the 72XL isn't aviable as I know.

Peter

Nelson Sousa
4-Dec-2009, 10:14
Thanks

I have large experience photographing medium-format, but none with large-format; I'm in the moove to start with the 5x7 - 8x10 range, because some of my photos really require large format printing, with good detail, for the purpose they are intended. But its not easy to get a proper budget system without knowing a lot of details. And even spending a lot of money, the very nice Linhof only exists in those sizes from the past.
I´m looking at another camera, the Linhof Super-Technika V 13x18/5x7. Can you tell the minimum focus-length it allows?

Nelson

Bob Salomon
4-Dec-2009, 10:43
Thanks

I have large experience photographing medium-format, but none with large-format; I'm in the moove to start with the 5x7 - 8x10 range, because some of my photos really require large format printing, with good detail, for the purpose they are intended. But its not easy to get a proper budget system without knowing a lot of details. And even spending a lot of money, the very nice Linhof only exists in those sizes from the past.
I´m looking at another camera, the Linhof Super-Technika V 13x18/5x7. Can you tell the minimum focus-length it allows?

Nelson

72mm. The V was the last 5x7 Technika produced. Only 121 to 500mm lenses can be rangefinder coupled on this camera. Wider lenses are ground glass focusing only.
The camera was discontinued in 1986 and Linhof currently only has one lens board left for it, the 001040 which is a flat board and must be ordered with the needed shutter size hole (0, 1 or 3 or pilot hole) specified at the time of order. Linhof notes that this board is limited in supply to the quantities on hand. That means that when they are gone they would not make more.

The following 5x7 accessories that will fit the 57 Super Technika V are also still available new:
021802 Ground glass 57 with cm grid
021830 same as 021802 but with AMS scale for discontinued GTL camera
021808 Ground glass cm grid with clear center spot
021822 57 Fresnel screen
002507 Right Angle Reflex Attachment - requires 021822 Fresnel screen
002505 Focus/Metering Bellows - requires 021822 Fresnel screen

All other accessories specific to the 57 Super Technika V and earlier cameras - including finders, grips, etc. - are no longer available new and would only be available on the used market.

The above list was current as of 1/1/09 and some items may no longer be available today new.

Peter K
4-Dec-2009, 11:01
The Technika V 13x18 takes 90mm lenses mounted on the normal lens-board for the Technika 13x18. Mounted on a recessed board for the Master-Technika together with an adaptor-board the SA 72XL should also fit on a Technika V 13x18. But the bed of the camera cannot lowered as far as the Master Technika 3000's so one gets vignetting. So the hinges must be modified, I don't know this can be made in the factory.

If you have found a Technika V 13x18 you can ask Linhof (http://www.linhof.de/index-e.html#) before you buy the camera.

Peter

Nelson Sousa
4-Dec-2009, 11:10
OK. Should be enouth.

Thanks Bob and Peter for all the information.

Nelson