PDA

View Full Version : Tripod mount system question.

Noeyedear
2-Dec-2009, 03:43
I have an old 5x7 camera with an old tripod mounting system, I don't know what it's called. A large circular plate thing. What is the best way to convert or adapt to a modern tripod.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Richard Raymond
2-Dec-2009, 07:32
I think that we may be able to provide a little help if you would show us a picture of "this large circular plate thing".
Ric

r_a_feldman
2-Dec-2009, 07:39
Look at http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=49776

Louis Pacilla
2-Dec-2009, 12:43
Hi

I have an 11x14 caralton that had (past tense) the same type of base. The previous owner had a woodworker ( kiln dried cherry in this case) soundly attached a piece of wood to original base. this has a 3/8 /1/4 " female thread to attach as normal.
You could pick up Deardorff base plate. it should cover the hole & leave enough wood for the Perimeter screws. You could for less $$ make one w/ a threader a piece of stock metal & a drill.
I also have a whole plate Premo (this is the one that L.F. Deardorff had a hand in designing) w/ tripod meant to use w/ this base. You can pick them up for little cash & they work just fine.

Peace
Louis

Noeyedear
3-Dec-2009, 04:17
Thanks all, I had hoped there would be an off the shelf product. Looks like some more DIY.

Kevin.