PDA

View Full Version : Re-Introduction of sorts

christopher walrath
1-Dec-2009, 20:28
Hi, all. Well, I haven't been on in a while. CiM and printing and other things keeping me busy. But I have noticed that the Minoltas have been sitting in the front room for the last month. And that I have been taking the 4x5 everywhere I go. So, here goes . . .

My name is, well, Chris. Duh. Anyway, I have been a photographer for over twenty years. In 2008 I got a homemade (by someone else) 4x5 wooden view camera. I made a sturdy base for it. It is mounted on a 5/8"-11 transit tripod. I have 140mm Ernemann Doppler f/11 and a B&L 6.5" f/3.5 that I use on it. I will have in my possession a B&J Press 4x5 with a 127mm Ektar mounted in the shutter. Both take my Graflock type holders.

So, I think I have really taken to this big thing in a big way. So, I should be a lot more active here than I have been. I will pose all of the newbie questions that everyone else is afraid to ask. Jason Brunner taught me to do that.

I live in Milton, Delaware and love to travel (couple of hours anyway) to shoot with others. Would love to get up with someone sometime. Lots of stuff here on the Delmarva Peninsula to shoot as well.

Well, howdy.

Vick Vickery
2-Dec-2009, 07:18
Welcome to group therepy, Chris! :) If ya' got questions, we'll have answers...hope they'll be right! :)

Diane Maher
2-Dec-2009, 07:29
Welcome back to the forum Chris!

Roger Thoms
2-Dec-2009, 09:26
Hey Christopher, Welcome back. If your every out to San Francisco shoot me a PM and we'll go out photographing. Just got a Speed Graphic yesterday, not that I needed another camera. I'm sure you'll have fun with your B&J Press.

Roger