PDA

View Full Version : Lens & Shutter Advice Needed,

rupal
30-Nov-2009, 01:07
This is an "80mm f/5.6 Schneider Macro Symmar HM" Lens i am looking to buy, but there is no info on the shutter & i only have experience with standard Copal & Compur shutters. Does anyone know what kind of shutter it is mounted on & how it work's ? Can it be mounted on a normal lens board to be used on my 4x5 ?

Thanks in advance. Rupa

rupal
30-Nov-2009, 01:39
Ok, so i did a bit of digging around on Schneider Optics website & it seems to be the same kind of shutter as what is use with the current Schneider Enlarging lenses (See Attached Pic)

Brian Stein
30-Nov-2009, 03:02
There is no shutter. This lens is mounted in a barrel with an iris. You can stop down and open up with it, but you need another means to time your exposure. Either mount it in a shutter (many will just screw into a shutter, I suspect this will do so with a copal 0), or use one of the techniques such as a lens cap and a long exposure.
It should mount fine in a lens board as long as you have a board with the correct diameter hole, and you have a flange to secure it from behind.

rupal
30-Nov-2009, 05:56
Brian thanks for that info. If i buy a Copal #0 Shutter for it, would I need to get an Aperture scale that is calibrated for that lens ? (If i want the selected Aperture to be truly accurate) Does Schneider sell F-Stop scales for their different lenses ?

Rupa.

Gem Singer
30-Nov-2009, 08:19
This is a lens that is designed for use on an enlarger for roll film negatives.

Wasn't meant to be mounted in a shutter.

Probably won't cover 4X5.

Bob Salomon
30-Nov-2009, 08:44
This is a lens that is designed for use on an enlarger for roll film negatives.

Wasn't meant to be mounted in a shutter.

Probably won't cover 4X5.

No, it is Schneider's version of the Rodenstock Apo Rodagon D lenses for duplicating in camera. Not enlarging.

uhner
30-Nov-2009, 08:55
Rupa, this document should answer most of your questions: http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/pdf/foto/sr_ma.pdf

Gem Singer
30-Nov-2009, 09:35
Bob,

I was referring to the lens shown in the picture on posting #2.

It's an Apo-Componon enlarging lens.