PDA

View Full Version : Freestyles Europes Finest Warm Tone FB What is it?

Jim Galli
22-Jan-2002, 01:47
Freestyle Sales Co. of Los Angeles used to have a generic #2 paper they called E uropes Finest Warmtone. Very long scaled negs would fall onto that paper with An sco 135 and were some of the finest I've ever printed. But then it went away and I've been heartbroken ever since! Anybody know what that stuff was? Forte Fort ezo graded? Agfa Insignia?

Pete Andrews
22-Jan-2002, 11:05
Nothing personal Jim. I just think you'd be more likely to find an interested respondent in the 'B&W - printing and finishing' section, which, after all, is just a step away.BTW, I wasn't that cranky until I started looking at the last few posts in this section, and I saw an alarming trend away from the core subject of this forum.

Jim Galli
22-Jan-2002, 11:34
This is the only forum I bother with. I'll be more cautious in the future.

Erik Ryberg
22-Jan-2002, 20:27
Hey, I did a google search and found the BW printing section mentioned above, (it's at http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a.tcl?topic=B%26W%20Photo%20-%20Printing%2 0%26%20Finishing ) and it looks great, I'm going to go right back there.

But as for this paper, yes, I bought four boxes of the stuff and it is just starting to go sour on me. I mostly used it for pinholes negatives and contact prints for the notebook, but I too am disappointed that it is gone. I don't know what it was. It was single weight, fiber, and low contrast. I wish there was more of it.

John Kasaian
22-Jan-2002, 21:43
Jim, I recall that in a past Freestyle Catalog that the paper you"re looking for was referred to as 111( I think, I don't have the catalog anymore since my bride insists that I throw things out on occasion) which would seem to indicate that it is an Agfa product, as 111 is one of thier product codes( I had an old Calumet catalog that described the Agfa product codes but that went to the same place the old Freestyle catalog went to)Good Luck!

John Kasaian
22-Jan-2002, 21:44
Jim I recall that in a past Freestyle Catalog that the paper you"re looking for was referred to as 111( I think, I don't have the catalog anymore since my bride insists that I throw things out on occasion) which would seem to indicate that it is an Agfa product, as 111 is one of thier product codes( I had an old Calumet catalog that described the Agfa product codes but that went to the same place the old Freestyle catalog went to)Good Luck!

e
23-Jan-2002, 01:20
Maybe Orwo from the old East Germany.Many really great products/companies from that area went under with the reunification of east and west.Or the price skyrocketed.