PDA

View Full Version : Early Christmas??

Emil Schildt
26-Nov-2009, 08:45
I THINK so....;)

listen to this: a professional photographer went digital, and thought of getting rid of his old equipment. He was seriously thinking about throwing it all out... but heard of me and my school; mailed, and I just returned with the following... (embrace your selves..)

Sinar P (4x5/5x7)

2x Sinar Norma (4x5/5x7 and a 4x5 reducing back)

3 copal shutters

4 lenses (3x symar and a Sironar)

2x Pol 545i cassettes

1 Pol pack back

1 Horseman Rotary back and two Horseman 6x7 cassettes

1 Sinar 67 cassette

5 Pentax 6x7 cameras
2 Pentax 67II cameras

45mm lens
3x 55mm lenses
3x 105 lenses
165mm lens
200mm lens

2 nikon FM2 houses
1 Nikon F2 house with bellow

ca 30 filters for the Pentax mostly

2 seconic lightmeters
1 minolta light meter
1 minolta colour meter

+ extras.. (cases - light - tripods)

ALL for FREE!!!:eek:

what a world I am living in (thank GOD for the digital evolution... without itm this would never have happened...:p )

csant
26-Nov-2009, 08:46
*faint*

Vick Vickery
26-Nov-2009, 09:03
your students did good! :):)

seven
27-Nov-2009, 00:23
congratulations ! :)

soeren
27-Nov-2009, 05:59
Those Pentax 67II are really crappy cameras prone to break down in the hands of your students and they are to be disposed of as hazardous material. Send them to me and Ill dispose of them in a save manner without any additonal cost to you :)
Best regards

drew.saunders
27-Nov-2009, 10:17
Early Christmas? You got about a half dozen Christmases and a couple birthdays out of that deal!

Ari
27-Nov-2009, 10:19
I'm gonna start a "school" also.

Michael Cienfuegos
29-Nov-2009, 08:37
There IS a Santa Claus! :p

Songyun
29-Nov-2009, 09:08
Might be you are closer to the north pole than most of us. :)

Mike1234
29-Nov-2009, 09:30
Man, those are some lucky kids!! May I suggest you have them all shoot some images with all the gear then pick the best photo by each kid and send the prints to the benefactor for Christmas with a big thank you card?

David Karp
29-Nov-2009, 09:41
:eek: :) :D

Allen in Montreal
29-Nov-2009, 09:42
OMG! is an understatement.
is your school in a position to issue a Tax receipt for him to at least right something off?
There is no doubt the gear has already been written down as capital expenses over time, but none the less, that was one heck of a haul!

If any of your students already shoot Pentax 645, they should seek out an adapter mount, that 105 on the 645 is a great combo.

dsim
29-Nov-2009, 09:46
Great story

Math
29-Nov-2009, 11:18
Those Pentax 67II are really crappy cameras prone to break down in the hands of your students and they are to be disposed of as hazardous material. Send them to me and Ill dispose of them in a save manner without any additonal cost to you :)
Best regards
I can concur with this. They are not to be brought close to you OR the students, not only are they prone to break, they can give some nasty cuts to your fingers. I think it's best if you'd split 'em and send half my way as well, just to be sure. I doubt it would be safe to keep more then one together. ;)

OT: Amazing...

Preston
29-Nov-2009, 12:53
What a great story! With so many schools worlwide struggling for funding of programs, this is indeed a godsend.

Not only is it a great idea for the students to send print Christmas cards to their benefactor, the school should send a big 'thank you' letter, as well. I also agree that the school provide the benefactor with a 'certificate of value' for tax purposes.

-Preston

Emil Schildt
29-Nov-2009, 14:43
thanks all - yes - I am still in awe of the size of this gift.

I really like the idea of the Christmas gift. It makes a lot of sense (I have offered him a couple of free short courses for him of for any of his family, should he chose that).

I don't think he wants any certificate of value, but I can ask...

Basically, I got the feeling that he was genuinly (sp?) happy with the thoughts, that his gear would still be used. (we are the only school left in Denmark (to my knowlegde) that still struggle in the analouge world.

PS: I might be closer to Santa Claus, but it is a fact, that he is not living at the North Pole, but in Greenland! (the finns claim he is "theirs'", and there have been serious thoughts of "selling" him to the finnish, as he is very expensive for the danish post.....:))

Drew Wiley
29-Nov-2009, 17:34
Haven't been reading all the threads on this very forum lately? All that stuff is
seriously obsolete. You better get rid of it before you have to pay hefty storage
fees. However, as responsible citizens there are probably a number of us who could
help you discard these old-fashioned things in a politically correct manner. Personally, I wouldn't charge you too much to dispose of a few items!

Emil Schildt
29-Nov-2009, 18:14
Haven't been reading all the threads on this very forum lately? All that stuff is
seriously obsolete. You better get rid of it before you have to pay hefty storage
fees. However, as responsible citizens there are probably a number of us who could
help you discard these old-fashioned things in a politically correct manner. Personally, I wouldn't charge you too much to dispose of a few items!

:cool:
strangely many people feel the same....

Peter Collins
29-Nov-2009, 18:14
It just could be possible that the Sinar Norma's bellows was fabricated using lead, the most dangerous heavy metal to human health. On this basis alone, I suggest you ship that unit to me for safe disposal in a lab pack manifested to a hazardous waste landfill, and so eliminate potential neuromotor, memory and cognitive disabilities from developing in your students due to elevated blood-lead levels resulting from use of that equipment.

You can't be too cautious. I can help eliminate risk. :D

Best!

Emil Schildt
29-Nov-2009, 18:17
It just could be possible that the Sinar Norma's bellows was fabricated using lead, the most dangerous heavy metal to human health. On this basis alone, I suggest you ship that unit to me for safe disposal in a lab pack manifested to a hazardous waste landfill, and so eliminate potential neuromotor, memory and cognitive disabilities from developing in your students due to elevated blood-lead levels resulting from use of that equipment.

You can't be too cautious. I can help eliminate risk. :D

Best!

I understood the last sentence - the first ones, not so much.....

Must work less with the Normas..:eek: