PDA

View Full Version : graphlex film pack adaptor -- three questions

folsombob
22-Nov-2009, 19:51
Howdy,

Thought I might as well post these together, since they are related.

I have a Crown Graphic with the Graflok Back and a Graphics Film Pack Adapter.

1) Is film available for the Film Pack Adapter? I have an old pack of Kodak Tri-X, 16 sheets, that I found in the adapter, but I know it has been discontinued. Are there other brands or film?

2) If film is found for Question One, should the Graflok Back be removed to use the Film Pack Adapter, or is it OK to slide it under the Back?

3) Do the Fuji Quickloads (or any other type) fit the Crown Graphic, and is there anything special to use them?

Hope this is not too many at once.

Thanks,
folsombob

Bill_1856
22-Nov-2009, 19:58
Unfortunately, film packs have not been made for nearly 20 years. There are none available. Your 16 shot pack may or may not still be any good. I'd try it and see.
The film pack adapter just slides under the spring ground glass back.
Fuji Quickloads fit the Crown Graphic just fine. Work great, but there is a very limited choice of film available.
It's a great camera -- hope you enjoy it fully.

folsombob
22-Nov-2009, 23:36
Thanks, Wilhelm

The pack has been in the adapter which has been in the old style case for all that time. I will chance it.

What a shame; that was a nice setup.

With the Fuji Quickloads, I believe I need their own Quickload loader -- yes?

Does it also fit under the Graflok Back, or is it necessary or best to remove the back?

Do you happen to know if there are any other film brands with something similar?

folsombob

Greg Gibbons
23-Nov-2009, 09:50
The Fuji quickloader fits on the Graflok just fine.
Fuji Quickloads also work with a polaroid back, and I've tried it and it works, but I've heard they aren't held as flat as with the Fuji back.

venchka
23-Nov-2009, 09:55
Try the Polaroid 545 back with Fuji QuickLoads first. The 545s are going for a song-$25 or so. If the 545 works for you you've saved almost $200. If it doesn't work, then buy the Fuji holder.

Robert Hughes
23-Nov-2009, 10:04
But haven't people reported that the 545 does not fit Fuji Quickloads? Someone in the know, please respond... :confused:

Greg Gibbons
23-Nov-2009, 10:15
The 545 does fit Fuji quickloads. I've tried it, it works.

Sevo
23-Nov-2009, 10:23
But haven't people reported that the 545 does not fit Fuji Quickloads? Someone in the know, please respond... :confused:

Ages ago, there were heated debates whether it offers better or worse planarity than the original holder - but there is no doubt that it fits, and given that film planarity was open to that many discussions it can't be much worse or better either way...

Sevo

folsombob
23-Nov-2009, 13:39
The Fuji quickloader fits on the Graflok just fine.
Fuji Quickloads also work with a polaroid back, and I've tried it and it works, but I've heard they aren't held as flat as with the Fuji back.

and
Try the Polaroid 545 back with Fuji QuickLoads first. The 545s are going for a song-$25 or so. If the 545 works for you you've saved almost $200. If it doesn't work, then buy the Fuji holder.

Thanks guys, and the rest of you.

I think I have access to a Polaroid 545, and will give it a try.

Question though: is it best to remove the Graflok Back, or does the Polaroid and Fuji holders slide under the ground glass?

folsombob

JasonC
23-Nov-2009, 13:45
Question though: is it best to remove the Graflok Back, or does the Polaroid and Fuji holders slide under the ground glass?

folsombob

Both slide under the ground glass.

Jason.

Gene McCluney
28-Nov-2009, 09:47
Any camera that has a Graflok (style) back has a ground glass frame that opens very wide and can accomodate all the correctly sized instant film backs (single sheet and pack)