PDA

View Full Version : Rodenstock Sironar-S 210 5.6

fmiller4
20-Nov-2009, 08:12
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I apologize if it isn't.

I'm getting ready to sell my 210 on ebay (it's pretty pristine) and am wondering what a good/reasonable price would be.

I see a pretty wide range of prices for the lens online, and the "completed auctions" on ebay isn't much help.

Any advice?

f

Rick Floyd
20-Nov-2009, 13:57
"Pretty pristine" sounds great but a photo of your baby will tell us more. I have an extra 200 laying around if that helps.

RF

venchka
20-Nov-2009, 14:02
I believe that KEH will give you a buy quote online. Compare that to what they sell the same lens for. Split the difference for a person to person sale.

Why not list it here for free?

tenderobject
20-Nov-2009, 15:10
i would be interested on this lens.. some sells it from 200 (less) - 250.. thats what i've seen lately...

Ron Marshall
20-Nov-2009, 15:55
i would be interested on this lens.. some sells it from 200 (less) - 250.. thats what i've seen lately...

That is the price for the N, not for the S!

SW Rick
20-Nov-2009, 15:56
It looks like a Sironar-S 210 just sold here for $650-?? (asking price)

John NYC
20-Nov-2009, 19:07
A pristine Sironar-S goes for much, much more than $200. Do some research on keh.com and mpex.com and see what the going rate is. They probably don't have one for sale, which means that you can get a premium for it over a similar older lens, like an N version.

Allen in Montreal
20-Nov-2009, 19:21
There are different versions of this lens,
best to first determine which version you have.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I apologize if it isn't.

I'm getting ready to sell my 210 on ebay (it's pretty pristine) and am wondering what a good/reasonable price would be.

I see a pretty wide range of prices for the lens online, and the "completed auctions" on ebay isn't much help.

Any advice?

f

John NYC
21-Nov-2009, 01:01
It looks like a Sironar-S 210 just sold here for $650-?? (asking price)

Looks like one went for $675 yesterday.

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=56141

john collins
21-Nov-2009, 05:05
The price for a used 210 Sironar-S (the one with a red stripe) in a shop is around $800.

It is common that items offered for sale on this forum will go for somewhat less than a shop would charge for the same item. I think it's good for everyone - equipment that no longer has a place in one's kit can be sold at a price that may well be greater than the trade in value and the price to the buyer is better than a shop would have to charge because of overhead. Nice.

fmiller4
21-Nov-2009, 09:27
Thanks for all of the feedback.

I'll definitely try selling it here before going to ebay (which I find a pain anyway).

f