PDA

View Full Version : Original Sinar to linhof adapter boards

Songyun
18-Nov-2009, 12:18
Does it exist? There are so many generic adapters, but I have never seen one original.

Oren Grad
18-Nov-2009, 12:23
I have one that's made from a Sinar-branded board and is so nicely finished that it probably is the real thing. But I bought it used, without original packaging, so I can't be completely sure.

Songyun
18-Nov-2009, 12:36
I have one that's made from a Sinar-branded board and is so nicely finished that it probably is the real thing. But I bought it used, without original packaging, so I can't be completely sure.

Oren, Can you post the photos of this adapter?

Ron Bose
18-Nov-2009, 15:50
Many people have them machined ... mine was made by our friends at SK Grimes, but on one of their own Sinar type boards.

A few years ago they machines a Wisner adapter for me, making it from a Sinar board which I supplied them ...

David Swinnard
18-Nov-2009, 17:24
They used to exist, they were beautifully made and they cost an amount that seemed totally out of line with the materials and components involved. I bought one in the early '80s and used it quite a bit. Money well spent at the time. I passed it along a year or so back to someone who needed it more than I did. (not using the Sinar any more)

Dave

Oren Grad
18-Nov-2009, 20:42
Here you go - a couple of quick 'n' dirty snaps hot off the kitchen table...

Songyun
18-Nov-2009, 20:51
Thanks Oren, It looks like center positioned. I once had an Arca to linhof adapter that compensate the off center linhof boards, so that lens is positioned at center.

Oren Grad
18-Nov-2009, 21:21
Thanks Oren, It looks like center positioned. I once had an Arca to linhof adapter that compensate the off center linhof boards, so that lens is positioned at center.

Now there's an interesting question. Turns out the opening is actually decentered a little bit upward, but not quite enough to fully center the lens on a factory Linhof or Wista board - I just checked with a factory-drilled #0 Wista board.