PDA

View Full Version : Wista DX Owners...

Richard K.
16-Nov-2009, 17:54
Could you do me a favor and measure the WIDTH of the strap on top of the camera? How is it attached? Dimensions of the attaching hardware? Thank you! :)

Oh, can these be bought separately?

-Richard K

Fred L
16-Nov-2009, 18:22
Unless you needed oem, I'd think Lee Valley Tools would have a good selection of hardware and possibly straps/handles.

Richard K.
16-Nov-2009, 20:09
Hi Fred...I definitely don't need OEM - I'll check out Lee Valley, thanks for the idea.

Bob Salomon
16-Nov-2009, 20:29
Marflex is the US service center and should be able to help you as he has original Wista parts. 252 652-4401.

Doremus Scudder
17-Nov-2009, 02:45
Richard,

I have two DXs, one of which the strap broke on years ago. I replaced it with a simple black nylon web strap (OEM is leather). I just ran it through the rings and fastened it with a small belt-type buckle. This allows adjusting. The strap is run through a couple of nylon loops to keep it together. Really quite simple... assuming the mounting loops are still present.

If you need the mounting hardware, you can give Marflex a call, or rig something with hardware you can purchase locally. You would need plates to screw to the top of the camera, ideally in the existing screw holes, with attached rings (original are rectangular with rather thin openings) for the strap. This latter would be faster, and likely cheaper, than OEM replacement parts, but not as neat. It's your call...

Sorry I don't have the dimensions for you. My two DXs live in Oregon and I'm in Vienna till December (with my Woodman...).

Best,

Doremus Scudder