PDA

View Full Version : Filter thread missing on a 90/f 8 Ilex Caltar Calumet

fabio pollero
18-Jan-2002, 12:38
Hi everybody,

well, the question is in the subject indeed... I've had this strange experience trying to mount my new yellow filter... Anywone may suggest something more than buy a cheap filter, broke the glass and glue the ring or secure it snugly to the lens with a strip of tape???

Best regards

Fabio Pollero Savona Italy

Chauncey Walden
18-Jan-2002, 13:34
Fabio, I took a Kodak Series IX adapter ring No. 91 (which is a screw-in for something huge) and slightly relieved it until it was a tight slip fit over the lens. It works perfectly and the filters are often available quite cheaply. Good luck.

Andrew Held
18-Jan-2002, 13:41
You may want to contact Steve Grimes (skgrimes.com) for a more permanent solution. He does beautivful work custom manufacturing filter holders.

Jim Galli
18-Jan-2002, 14:00
fabio, Try to find a step-up ring 77-82? that has inside dia. just a bit smaller than the outside dia of the bell on that front barrel. File until it's very nearly the same, heat it up, put it on and let it cool. That way you won't have a bunch of stuff sticking out front vignetting.

Scott Walton
18-Jan-2002, 14:51
I second SK Grimes but barring that, how about a spring mount holder with gels? You can also get a mount for rear mounting filters through Calumet...