PDA

View Full Version : Seattle area nature locations - 2hour radius.

VictoriaPerelet
6-Nov-2009, 19:38
Have unexpected trip there for couple of weeks, please post good nature locations at shore line or mountain areas.

Google Maps links and snapshots of locations appreciated.

Heroique
6-Nov-2009, 20:08
Be sure to check this helpful thread ( http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=51445) about Seattle locations.

Here’s Seattle from the Olympics, a crop from a 4x5 of mine.

It might show every location you might visit! ;)

VictoriaPerelet
6-Nov-2009, 21:19
Oh also, where I can get basic chemicals (HC110, stop & fix) and maybe rent portable strobe (aka elinchrom ranger). Last time we used Glazers camera. Just in case if they do not do film anymore (I do not know) - any other places?

Ben Hopson
7-Nov-2009, 10:47
Glazers still has film, chemicals etc.

Ben

Matt Ellison
7-Nov-2009, 21:26
Optechs used to do film and chemistry, but their website is strictly digital now, but they are only 4 blocks from Glazers if necessary.

As far as shooting in close proximity to Seattle I would recommend Deception Pass State Park on the North end of Whidbey Island. You can take the ferry from Mukilteo to Clinton and drive up the island. Also, North of Deception Pass is Washington Park in Anacortes.

Another option would be to drive down to Mount Rainier NP. A bit more than 2 hours, but well worth it, check the weather and snow levels before you go.

One more option is to drive North out of Seattle on I-405 to hiway 522 to the town of Monroe. In Monroe pick up hiway 2 East. Anywhere between Startup and Skykomish along the river is interesting. Hope this helps, Matt

Andrew O'Neill
8-Nov-2009, 09:45
Don't forget your brolly...