PDA

View Full Version : Something different

footoograaf
6-Nov-2009, 18:51
Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia

I知 new to this forum and absolute beginner in LF photography. Recently, I received Linhof Color as a gift from my father. I知 amateur photographer and at the moment I use Contax 645 and PhaseOne P21.

Few days ago I was offered to swap my digital equipment for Linhof Technika IV in, at least visual, really nice condition with original suitcase,var. accessories and two lenses (Voigtlander apo-lanthar 150/f4.5 & Schneider tele-arton 240) plus cash ($1500)

My plans are to start shooting 4x5 film and later on add digital back. Pleasure wise I think I will enjoy it a lot.

Question is: is it worth money-wise/as investment/as a good deal?

I would really like to hear your opinion!

Thanks,
Mladjen

r.e.
6-Nov-2009, 20:11
Mladjen,

What digital equipment do you have to give the vendor as part of the price, and what are the accessories that come with the Linhof?

Oren Grad
6-Nov-2009, 20:36
Mladjen, welcome to the Forum and to large format. I don't know about market conditions in Serbia just now, but in the US the proposed trade would be a very bad deal for you. The Contax 645 with P21 is worth much more than that Technika IV kit plus $1500.

r.e.
6-Nov-2009, 20:40
That's why I asked what digital equipment would be exchanged. If it's the Contax and PhaseOne, this deal doesn't make any sense at all.

rugenius
6-Nov-2009, 20:50
Confusing description...
What I get out of it is he was given some sort of Linhof Color LF camera and then a few days later He swapped digital equipment for a LF camera +$1500.
So now he has a couple of LF cameras, accessories, +$1500?

shadowleaves
6-Nov-2009, 22:08
Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia

I知 new to this forum and absolute beginner in LF photography. Recently, I received Linhof Color as a gift from my father. I知 amateur photographer and at the moment I use Contax 645 and PhaseOne P21.

Few days ago I was offered to swap my digital equipment for Linhof Technika IV in, at least visual, really nice condition with original suitcase,var. accessories and two lenses (Voigtlander apo-lanthar 150/f4.5 & Schneider tele-arton 240) plus cash ($1500)

My plans are to start shooting 4x5 film and later on add digital back. Pleasure wise I think I will enjoy it a lot.

Question is: is it worth money-wise/as investment/as a good deal?

I would really like to hear your opinion!

Thanks,
Mladjen

No.

rugenius
6-Nov-2009, 22:54
Agreed. It doesn't quite make sense...