PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid Film Holders and Readyloads

Bill Thomson
5-Dec-2001, 13:49
Somewhere (perhaps in this forum) I read of incompatibilities between one of the polaroid 4x5 film holders and certain camera bodies. Can anyone assist?

Also, can the Kodak and Fuji readyloads be used with a polaroid holder, or do yo u need to purchase the appropriate brand of holder? Is there any quality differ ence in going with either Kodak or Fuji?

Ellis Vener
5-Dec-2001, 13:56
Bill you might want to go to the homepage for this forum for this entry: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~qtluong/photography/lf/holders.html #readyloads

Also do a search on the forum. This question comes up often.

My short answer is: Yes you can use the Kodak readyload and Fuji Quickload packets with the Polaroid 545 & 545i holders but you get better performance (edge sharpness by using them in the dedicated holders.

Dave Schneidr
5-Dec-2001, 18:26
Bill, As far as I know the issue is only related to film pack models from Polaroid, not the single sheet models like the 545.

As an aside, I was kind of surprised upon receipt of my Sinar F2 that my Toyo roll film holder will not work in vertical orientation. The Toyo holder extends far enough past the rear frame to hit the tilt base. Not really a problem and my old Graphic roll holder works fine.

Fred De Van
8-Dec-2001, 03:05
Kodak publishes instructions for using readyloads in Polaroid 545 and 545i holders on the Kodak Professional site.

miles
9-Dec-2001, 00:42
Howdy guys, I was in the local pro shop yesterday in Dallas and wanted to purchase the kodak holder and the fuji holder for the quick loads. They told me that Kodaks holder is set up for the double sheets of quickload or ready load (whichever..) and that one was being discontinued because the new kodak E100... film was not going to be sold in the double loads anymore. The new packaging is a box of 20 single loads and it would have to be used in the 'new' kodak single load holder. (He printed out something from kodaks site for me and said they were on order. The film turns out more expensive of course. It cost me $65 usd for a box of 20 E100S, and I didn't even get a kiss with it! I don't know how long the shelf life is for the older double loads but they're alot less money. oh well, some genius at kodak, i guess. miles dallas, texas

Robert Eaves
10-Feb-2002, 20:30
According to Kodak's website the new single sheet readyloads can be used with the newer version of the double sheet holders. I recently tried to purchase the new single sheet holder from B&H Photo, and they are on backorder for 6-8 weeks, so I purchased the older (and cheaper) double sheet holder. I will let you know how it works out.

Ellis Vener
11-Feb-2002, 11:46
Bob can you post a reference on the Kodak claim? I have a virtually unused Readyload holder with the silverish (bare betal) pressure plate. My understanding is that one needs the newest version with the the black pressure plate.