PDA

View Full Version : fujifilm quick load film holders

ronvod
31-Oct-2009, 20:29
I have a large amount of quick loads and want to use them in a Fuji Quick Load Film Holder. I follow the instuctions and insert the film all the way in - but when i pull it out gently on the tab to expose the film - I pull the entire quick load out. How do I fix this problem and if not is there any repair place available to use
thanks guys / girls
ron

Joanna Carter
1-Nov-2009, 04:08
I have a large amount of quick loads and want to use them in a Fuji Quick Load Film Holder. I follow the instuctions and insert the film all the way in - but when i pull it out gently on the tab to expose the film - I pull the entire quick load out. How do I fix this problem and if not is there any repair place available to use
thanks guys / girls
That sounds like the release button is still in the "down" position, which is where it would be to release the envelope after exposure. If it turns out not to be a simple case of operator error, I have written a guide to disassembling and reassembling a Quickload holder here (http://grandes-images.com/en/Technical_Articles/Entries/2009/2/9_How_to_Repair_a_Fuji_Quickload_Holder.html). If you don't fancy tinkering yourself, you could always send me the holder and I will see what I can do.

brian mcweeney
1-Nov-2009, 06:37
thanks guys / girls
ron

Are you pressing down the release button when you pull up the tab, thus not engaging the film?

Gordon Moat
1-Nov-2009, 10:41
If a clip from a film packet came off, it could have become lodged in the bottom. That would prevent another film packet from seating properly. Unfortunately that would mean disassembling the holder to fix it. Joanna has some great instruction on how to do that.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography (http://www.gordonmoat.com)