PDA

View Full Version : B&W print from color neg

ignatiusjk
29-Oct-2009, 18:06
I recently made a B&W print on my Epson 3800 printer from a color neg and it looks like the prints you use to get with traditional papers. Does the same hold true for digital printing. They don't make a Panalure paper for printers.Any input???

sanking
29-Oct-2009, 18:19
I recently made a B&W print on my Epson 3800 printer from a color neg and it looks like the prints you use to get with traditional papers. Does the same hold true for digital printing. They don't make a Panalure paper for printers.Any input???

If you scan a color negative in RGB you will have great control of tonal values in converting the file to B&W. Even if you scan the color negative in Grayscale you will still be able to make extensive adjustments of the tonal values. Adjust the tonal values of the image file on screen, and if your monitor is calibrated you should get a print that matches more or less what you see.

Sandy King

Jim Ewins
30-Oct-2009, 19:30
You should get great B&W using PSCS4 on your 3800. I don't use panalure in the darkroon- dial in enough cyan til the film base looks clear then filter with yellow & magenta for contrast control.