PDA

View Full Version : Using 3000 Series Drum / 3005 on a Jobo CPA2 with Optional Lift

Len Middleton
25-Oct-2009, 15:52
OK, got the new 3005 loaded and went to put it onto the CPA2 unit with the optional lift and there is what appears to be a mechanical interlock on the upper drum drive position that needs to be moved out of the way for the unit to drive the 3005 drum.

It looks like the two white tabs on either side of the lift need to go up but I am unable to move them and do not want to apply a great deal of force and take a chance on breaking them.

Unfortunately I got the unit some time ago and do not have a manual for it.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Len

Len Middleton
25-Oct-2009, 16:06
OK, the Jobo AG site has the instruction manuals (or some instructions) on-line at Jobo.com.

Just need to move the lift at the same time I was moving the two white tabs. This is used to select either the top position to drive the 3000 series drums or the bottom position to drive the 1500 and 2500 drums.

Now back to the darkroom...

Robert A. Zeichner
25-Oct-2009, 17:33
Make certain that you "help" the lift with your right hand as you lift the drum or you will eventually break the lift mechanism. The Expert drums are just too heavy even with minimal liquid in them.

Don7x17
25-Oct-2009, 18:01
remove the handle -- just reach down in the water and put your hand under the rails of the lift....and lift.

The plastic tab is too frail to lift the expert drums.

Do yourself a favor and find a pair of the roller bearing rollers for the lift. They're a lot better than the old plastic bearing of the ones that come standard with the lift.

Len Middleton
25-Oct-2009, 18:15
Robert and Don,

Thanks for the reminder on lifting the drums and not using the lift handles. That is what I have done in the past even with the smaller 1500 & 2500 series drums.

I have spent a great deal of time in industrial environments and the Jobo lift mechanism never quite looked robust enough to me, so I have always "lent it a helping hand".

Just finished and the film is now in the drying cabinet.

Regards,

Len