PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Norma CLA?

Jimi
22-Oct-2009, 09:15
I am seriously considering buying a 4x5" Sinar Norma. Everything looks and works okay, but it's a bit stiff. I know there is a Sinar Norma CLA guide on the net, but I don't feel very confident looking at all these tiny screws and precision-made metal parts. So, does anyone know a reliable person who could do a CLA on the standards?

I prefer Europe, but I am willing to send it further away.

Bob Salomon
22-Oct-2009, 10:09
Why not ask Sinar?

Bjorn Nilsson
22-Oct-2009, 10:23
Molanders in Stockholm is the general agent for Sinar cameras in Sweden. (They used to have a shop in Gothenburg, but it's closed since quite some time.)
Else you can check with YFO (on Ågatan 34 in Mölndal). I guess that they know some good camera repairpersons who can take on the job with this classic workhorse.
I would personally check with LP-foto in Stockholm (as I live on the "back-side" of Sweden nowadays), as I've found their repairservice old-fashioned (which in my mind is good with mechanical stuff) and with a decent price tag. Werner Shaden have been repairing analogue cameras for most of his life.

//Björn

Jimi
22-Oct-2009, 23:46
Thanks for the leads, guys! YFO is just a couple of blocks away from home, and Molanders maybe also has a few ideas. I'll also check with Sinar themselves.

Frank Petronio
30-Oct-2009, 21:59
http://www.philipmorgan.net/photography/the-rough-guide-to-sinar-norma-clas/