PDA

View Full Version : Can I completely remove film sleeve from Quickload , Readyload or Polaroid?

Doug Whitman
15-Nov-1998, 08:34
I am planning to use my 4X5 camera in a rough environment where weight and wind are a problem. Can the film sleeve be entirely removed from camera and replaced after exposure?

Also, can I use a Quickload (or Readyload) back for Polaroid film and use the 54 5 back to develop the film later?

Can I use an old land camera to develop the film?

I could buy all this stuff and figure it out for myself, but that is what the in ternet is for.

Thanks for your help!

Ellis Vener
15-Nov-1998, 23:34
1.) I don't believe so. Even if you could accurately reinsert the sleeve, from t he way it appears to me looking at a Quickload holder and packet, the extended s leeve provides the closure at the open end of the holder. I could be wrong. I'll test and report back tomorrow.

2.) No.

3.) ???

Where are you going? I have shot many times in windy situations with the Quicklo ad and had no problems caused by the extended sleeve.

Unless you are using very wide angle lenses have you thought about using a rollf ilm holder. In 6x9cm a 65mm is equivalent to a 90mm in 4x5.