PDA

View Full Version : Photo supplies in Rome Italy

Santo Roman
14-Oct-2009, 16:14
I saw it on a previous thread but was not able to find it. Looking for a place in Rome Italy to buy film. BW and or color 4x5 and 120. Or would it be better to just buy from BH in NYC?

santo

Sascha Welter
14-Oct-2009, 23:50
If you consider ordering online, you could at least buy somewhere from within the EU in order to save yourself the trouble of customs. I've ordered some film from macodirect.de - they will hopefully arrive here in Athens on Monday. But I think you will find a source in Rome too - it's not such a small place after all.

Santo Roman
15-Oct-2009, 16:25
I was not too worried about customs, I just wanted to get the film that was in date. Italy seems to be a bit behind of technology and non-digital camera stuff. I've only seen one place for film and it was 35mm. I;ll check out the place you listed though! Thanks

santo

Renato Tonelli
18-Oct-2009, 10:10
Give fotomatica.it a try. They carry a lot of materials and their service is very good. You can order online or by phone.

Sascha Welter
19-Oct-2009, 00:38
Just a followup note on my order: My film arrived on Friday (even though UPS stated "expected delivery date: Monday"), so 3 days early!

The good thing with film is that there's a date printed on the package... unlike fish you have some idea of how old the film really is :-) The Tri-X I ordered expires in 2012, don't remember the other films.

Santo Roman
22-Oct-2009, 10:35
Give fotomatica.it a try. They carry a lot of materials and their service is very good. You can order online or by phone.

Thanks much Renato. I think I'll stop by on friday to check them out.

santo

Santo Roman
22-Oct-2009, 10:47
Just a followup note on my order: My film arrived on Friday (even though UPS stated "expected delivery date: Monday"), so 3 days early!

The good thing with film is that there's a date printed on the package... unlike fish you have some idea of how old the film really is :-) The Tri-X I ordered expires in 2012, don't remember the other films.

Sacha,

Thanks. I think I will be sending my film out of Italy since I can't find someone to develop it here.

santo

Tiziano
29-Dec-2009, 07:11
Just saw this thread. I don't know if you are still looking for this info. Anyway you will find the 4x5 filmin both those places:
http://www.sabatini.ws/nuovo/index.php
http://www.ars-imago.com/
I never had any issue having 4x5 film developed. I guess most of the ordinary labs will still develope it. I am sure that there is good one nearby the Sabatini shop. Just ask into the shop.