PDA

View Full Version : 20 x 24 film sources?

biggerthebetter
12-Oct-2009, 22:29
I would like to see what 20 x 24 film is available, and from where?

My goal for this post is to:
- get a list of various film stocks currently available (name of film, type, speed, website location, rough guess on price, or any other info is helpful)
- get a list of contacts so we can all ask various manufacturers for a run of film

For example, I would like to shoot Efke 20 x 24 ASA 100 (pan, not ortho), but cannot find a source. Could be because I am kinda thick, but maybe I am just not looking in the rights spots.

If we can all get together and buy film (or at least petition together), it may help us get more stock of more variety. Dreamer? Possibly. But I am not going to go away to easily, as Dylan Thomas says "Do not go gentle into that good night".

What I will do is monitor this thread from time to time, and re-consolidate the replies (others can do this as well, as I may get hit by a bus and lose track of this thread).

Or, please tell me I am a dreamer and this list of film sources is already maintained by someone else. Heck, it would be great if there was some master catalogue of 35mm, 120, 4 x 5, 8 x 10, and other all listed in one spot. Anyone out there feeling inspired? I noticed that www.filmstock.com is owned by someone and is being “squatted” right now, so some clever entrepreneur could buy it, write some web pages and a database, and gets all film retailers and wholesalers to put links to themselves in this database. Then this entrepreneur sells advertising or something, to make money. OK, who is going to run with it?

Back to reality: Can we put some replies to this thread on where to get 20 x 24 film?

Note: I am personally looking to purchase some Efke 20 x 24 panchromatic ASA 100, of 40 sheets for an initial purchase. If all goes well, I will need to buy 500 sheets after that. Any ideas on how to contact Efke, would be greatly appreciated.

- Pat

Phil Hudson
12-Oct-2009, 23:21
Not exactly what you were asking for but Sandy King started a thread about a Chinese made 20x24 film at very reasonable prices.

Eric Leppanen
12-Oct-2009, 23:30
Pricey but available:

http://www.glazerscamera.com/store/film-darkroom/film/black-white-film/fp4-ulf-20x24-25-sheets.html

http://www.glazerscamera.com/store/film-darkroom/film/black-white-film/hp5-ulf-20x24-25-sheets.html

biggerthebetter
13-Oct-2009, 00:27
Not exactly what you were asking for but Sandy King started a thread about a Chinese made 20x24 film at very reasonable prices.

Phil: Thanks. For others, the thread Phil mentions is http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=48146&page=3

Monty McCutchen
13-Oct-2009, 03:30
I buy my 20 x 24 from Ilford once a year on their annual offering. I buy even if I haven't gone through the last years purchase so that I can continue to support and hopefully keep the tap flowing. They have been very responsive to the ULF community.

Monty

Tracy Storer
14-Oct-2009, 08:32
I too am buying Ilford HP5+.

Michael Jones
14-Oct-2009, 14:06
Let's see, it appears Freestyle has 20x24 lith in stock; Digitaltruth does not list any Efke in 20x24 as available; the annual Ilford ULF purchase was noted; Sandy King is working on a group purchase; and there is aleady a post for Glazers. Your next best (and possibly last) stop is the View Camera Store to see if Fred has any 20x24 in stock.

As you can tell, this is more than a niche product and it only requires a post to this site to get current info.

Good luck.

Mike

sanking
14-Oct-2009, 14:27
Let's see, it appears Freestyle has 20x24 lith in stock; Digitaltruth does not list any Efke in 20x24 as available; the annual Ilford ULF purchase was noted; Sandy King is working on a group purchase; and there is aleady a post for Glazers. Your next best (and possibly last) stop is the View Camera Store to see if Fred has any 20x24 in stock.

As you can tell, this is more than a niche product and it only requires a post to this site to get current info.

Good luck.

Mike

Correction, I was working on a group order but did not have sufficient interest to proceed. I may try again in the future.

I still have quite a bit of 12X20 film What I plan to do in the near future is to expose two sheets in a 20X24 holder to make panels separated by 1/2" or so.

Sandy King