PDA

View Full Version : Fotochem has closed, chemicals in canada?

Allen in Montreal
11-Oct-2009, 11:37
I am looking for some non hardening fixer for Pyro development, fotochem seems to have closed their doors.

Anybody have a line on a CDN supplier?

Thanks,

Fotochem
Claire Vrana, P.O. Box 99009, Succ.Fatima, Longueuil, Quebeck, Canada J4G-2S6
Tel: (450) 646-9650
E-mail: contact@jdphotochem.com
Supply: Photoequipment and chemicals. Ship internationally.

Neil_4793
11-Oct-2009, 18:14
Allen: Dosent Kodak make a 2 part liquid fixer where you can leave out the hardener if you wish. I'm just working from memory on this one. How's that 810 enlarger working out?
Neil in N.S.

Allen in Montreal
11-Oct-2009, 19:14
Hello Neil,

Thank you,
I was sure I had read that was discontinued in small packaging (less than 5 gallons), but you are right, it is still available. Thank you.
I should have checked the Kodak web site first.

King Kong Durst, as my daughters have nick named it, sits in the corner patiently waiting to enter the darkroom. It is too tall as it stands right now, so I started a small reno job to help ease it in. Which turned into a never ending reno that I hope will wrap up before I retire and die! :--)
I have located and secured all the odds and ends it was missing (such as the filter drawer and a few small items). A cold light head to swap out the condensor head would be a huge improvement and save me 16.5 inches, but the stars have not aligned for that to happen yet. An Aristo VCL 8100 head sold on e-bay for 1k a few weeks back, it killed me to watch it slip away.......soon, I hope and pray, I will be printing with it. :)

I owe you big time Neil,
You are a true gentleman!

Allen: Dosent Kodak make a 2 part liquid fixer where you can leave out the hardener if you wish. I'm just working from memory on this one. How's that 810 enlarger working out?
Neil in N.S.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/chemistry/bwFilmProcessing/rapidFixer.jhtml?pq-path=14041

Rapid Fixer
For machine, tray, or tank processing
Consists of two liquid concentrates: Solution A (the fixer concentrate) and Solution B (the hardener concentrate)
For use with film and paper
Liquid

Oren Grad
11-Oct-2009, 20:57
Allen, Ilford Hypam, a rapid fixer which is very widely available, is non-hardening.