PDA

View Full Version : Roll film back and spring back

Pelle.txt
9-Oct-2009, 15:34
Hey,

I'm new to this board and I just bought my first Graphic View a view weeks ago. I think it's a Graphic View I and it has a spring back.

I also bought a Calumet 6x9 roll film holder. It doesn't fit the spring back. The film holder is to big for the back. It gets stuck in the spring back.

I thought that a film holder would always fit. Maybe I'm wrong.

Pelle

ki6mf
9-Oct-2009, 15:38
A good place to look for graflex information is www.graflex.org. i know there are two types of backs/film holders and this web page will tell you what your camera will allow and what type of back to look for.

I think this is the page that enplanes the differences on backs:

http://graflex.org/speed-graphic/features.html#GraflokBack

Dan Fromm
9-Oct-2009, 15:46
Pelle, if y'r Calumet roll holder won't fit a 4x5 Adapt-A-Roll 620 should. Read about 'em at, yes, www.graflex.org

Mike1234
9-Oct-2009, 16:09
A Calumet C2 and C2N are slip-in type roll film holders. They make (or made) 6x7, 6x9, 6x12, and I "think" 6x6cm sizes.

Jim Noel
10-Oct-2009, 08:38
With a Graphic View I you have to be careful to not break the spriings by attempting to insert a too thick film holder. Your best bet is to look for one made during the same era as the camera,before the advent of the Graflok or Universal back.

ic-racer
11-Oct-2009, 07:01
A friend of mine has a Graphic View and even a standard film holder is a very tight fit. I don't know if they are all like this.