PDA

View Full Version : Large Film Registration

bob carnie
5-Oct-2009, 10:25
Hi Folks

I am looking for a punch system (used) if possible to punch separation films max size 30x40 inches.
I used Stoesser systems in the past for large film and I am having a devil of a time finding such a beast today.
Anyone here registering large film that could lead me to good alternatives .
thanks
Bob

Mark Woods
5-Oct-2009, 10:34
Animation cells with their registration pins would be a good start -- if you can find them. A Title house for film production might have a couple laying around and might sell them.

bob carnie
5-Oct-2009, 10:50
Hi Mark

could you describe what animation cells are, would they be able to punch through light gage aluminum as well as film?

thanks
Bob

Animation cells with their registration pins would be a good start -- if you can find them. A Title house for film production might have a couple laying around and might sell them.

Gary Beasley
5-Oct-2009, 14:29
You might check with printing suppliers for a lithographic plate punch.

Drew Wiley
5-Oct-2009, 14:49
Easy to get registration systems. Ternes-Burton is quite responsive. Stoesser is still
being made, though they have a parent company now. Used equipment is available from graphics supply houses and frequently appears under the business & industrial category of fleabay. I recently rebuilt a couple of bargain Stoesser punches and had Ternes make the registration bars (quite affordably). Miniature punches like the Condit system are more problematic. Helps to own a precision drill press or know a good machinist.

Drew Wiley
5-Oct-2009, 14:56
The parent company of Stoesser is Olec. Search under Olec Stoesser. Another major
domestic supplier is Duarte. But I personally found Ternes the easiest to work with.