PDA

View Full Version : QT on PBS

DavidFisk
1-Oct-2009, 11:42
Anyone see the series on the national parks this week? QT was featured briefly along with his LF camera last night.

Way to go, QT.

rdenney
1-Oct-2009, 11:54
Anyone see the series on the national parks this week? QT was featured briefly along with his LF camera last night.

Way to go, QT.

Yes. (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=51686)

Rick "FYI" Denney

Bryan Lemasters
1-Oct-2009, 12:12
Yes, we did. Congrats Tuan! Great job!

Drew Wiley
1-Oct-2009, 12:20
I saw it. An interesting series, though I was in the backcountry when the first episode
aired. Glad they show numerous old b&w shots too. See the guys running up and down
the Grand Canyon to develop their 5x7 plates in a tent by a spring? I always enjoy Ken
Burns work.

Ken Lee
1-Oct-2009, 12:31
It was a real delight to see QT, not only working in the field, but just talking, explaining things.

I always thought he was a nice fellow, but now I see he is a REALLY nice fellow !

Brad Rippe
1-Oct-2009, 12:41
Way to go QT! I saw last night episode, amazing stories and footage. I'm glad QT is part of the series.

Jon Shiu
1-Oct-2009, 13:03
Congrats to QT! Beautiful photos. If you missed the tv airing, you can watch online through Oct. 9 at pbs.org

Jon

bobwysiwyg
1-Oct-2009, 13:09
Perhaps I'm the only one, but who is QT?

Congratulations anyway. ;)

rdenney
1-Oct-2009, 13:46
Perhaps I'm the only one, but who is QT?

Congratulations anyway. ;)

Q.-Tuan Luong, the owner of this forum.

Rick "suggesting an enjoyable perusal through the 'LF Home Page' linked at top" Denney

bobwysiwyg
1-Oct-2009, 13:49
Thanks for the clarification.

William McEwen
1-Oct-2009, 13:52
Durn! I've seen quite a bit of the series, but I missed it last night.

QT! QT! QT! Way to go -- that's awesome.

Brian Vuillemenot
1-Oct-2009, 20:01
Awesome QT! You've reached immortality when you're featured in a Ken Burns movie on PBS!

Merg Ross
1-Oct-2009, 21:44
QT, your work looked magnificent! A well deserved tribute to your dedication, passion, and vision. Congratulations!

Mark Sawyer
1-Oct-2009, 23:41
Yes, it must feel good inside to be a part of something like the Ken Burns documentary, but even more so to look back on your own work in the parks and landscape...

The recognition was well-deserved. Way to go, QT!

Eric Biggerstaff
2-Oct-2009, 07:11
Just saw it last night, way to go QT!

Given that Ken Burns uses so much photography in his work, his next documentary should be on the history of photography!

Brian Ellis
2-Oct-2009, 07:22
Unfortunately the only night I missed was Wednesday so I didn't get to see QT. But the series has been as informative and interesting as Ken Burns' work always is. It's really nice to see people you never hear of today getting the credit they deserve for creating our national parks.

William McEwen
2-Oct-2009, 07:28
QT, what kind of deal did you work with Ken Burns/PBS? I'm sure they paid him a load of money, and there are a lot of airings, DVDs, and probably a companion book. I hope you're getting at least eight cents per airing! : - )

Drew Wiley
2-Oct-2009, 10:36
Yeah, I was glad they gave QT a little face time. Quite an achievement working in all
the parks. Think I saw Keith Waklett in one episode too. So far, the air time score for
view cameras on this series is at least 6 instances, digital point-n-shoots zero. Maybe
this will help persuade congress to ban digital cameras from national parks (or electronic devices could simply be covered with peanut butter and fed to the bears!)

Robert Skeoch
2-Oct-2009, 15:51
I saw it and thought it was great. Way to go QT.

-rob

DavidFisk
2-Oct-2009, 17:42
This sort of brings to mind the line from the movie "Bottle Shock:"

"When one of us succeeds, we all succeed."