PDA

View Full Version : Lens hood for the Aero Ektar 178/2.5

bbjorkum
30-Sep-2009, 16:12
Purely by accident I found out I could attach a Lee lens hood to my Aero Ektar. The Lee adapter ring called 82mm W.WA will snap on to the front of the Aero Ektar. It is by no means attached via the threads as the Aero's threads are on the outside. In the last image I have mounted a 100x150mm graduated filter.

Bjarte

GPS
1-Oct-2009, 02:13
You could perhaps attach it but its usefulness depends on the film format you use with your Aero Ektar lens (I believe it was meant for 9x9 film format) and the shape of the shade itself. Still better than no shade at all...

bbjorkum
1-Oct-2009, 03:50
No, it's actually perfect. The hood is lightweight and folds up in my bag. And you can bend it any way you like depending on lens tilt. And you can insert many filters in the slots.

GPS
1-Oct-2009, 03:57
No, it's actually perfect. The hood is lightweight and folds up in my bag. And you can bend it any way you like depending on lens tilt. And you can insert many filters in the slots.

Perfect?:) Which side ratio is the hood? The same as the film format side ratio?
Bending is not the correct answer for a hood opening used with movement. Shift (vertical or horizontal) is. But still better (much!) than no shade at all...:)