PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid Pack Film bar/cube to PC conversion?

Tai Thittichai
9-Jan-2002, 18:27
I own a couple of non-folding Polaroid 8 series cameras. they take type 88/87 fi lm (same emultion base as 669), and are a snazzy retro way of taking photos. the only problem i have is wanting to take photos in low light conditions thus the need to use electronic flash. SX-70 to PC conversions have been made. I'm wonder ing if someone has figured out how to fire an electronic flash via the flash cub e slot.

if it's a dumb question, say so... but i'm sure that if the connection is electr onic, it's possible.

cheers...

Tai

kthompson
9-Jan-2002, 19:58
Hey, I don't know the answer...but try out this website, it's called The Land List, and pretty much covers collecting, using & modifying about every polaroid model....

http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landhome.htm

hope this helps.

Jonathan Brewer
9-Jan-2002, 21:39
I don't know about the Polaroid 8, but the SX-70 does have an accessory flash called the Polatronic 2350 whose connector fits directly in the slot for flash cubes. They're sold all the time on e-bay which is where I got mine.

This isn't a very powerful flash, but you could use it to set off the slave of a more powerful strobe. Hope this helps.