PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Fuji instant film

youdogsgit
21-Sep-2009, 18:10
Has anyone had any experience/luck with this? I'm new to scanning and am wondering if it's a viable alternative to color processing?

Thinking of toying around with the fuji color instant film and the scanner and sticking to B&W with processing/enlarging in the darkroom.

Daniel Unkefer
21-Sep-2009, 19:14
Fuji Speedy 400, Hasselblad 500C/M, 350mm F5.6 Tele-Tessar. My Son plays in a local rock band. Here, he jams, during a park concert:

Greg Lockrey
21-Sep-2009, 19:44
It will have a "softer" look to it since the emulsion layers are thicker than with either slide or negative film. Especially if you plan to enlarge.

youdogsgit
21-Sep-2009, 20:42
Thanks. I figured there were some limitations that now seem obvious. Still might be fun to toy around with. I like the film, just not sure what to do with it besides testing exposures.

I miss polaroid 55...

George Kara
21-Sep-2009, 21:13
It does not have close to the rez of chrome or negatives and will look soft at larger sizes.

Greg Lockrey
21-Sep-2009, 23:18
I use for pinhole work myself and it's ok for that to some extent. It does have some issues with long exposure reciprocity color shift failures.

IanMazursky
22-Sep-2009, 12:33
One thing to remember is to let the Fujiroid dry completely before placing it on the scanner glass.
It could stick and create spots where the wet emulsion has come in contact with the glass.
Depending on the humidity, it can take a longtime before the print if fully dried.
I sometimes use a hair dryer with a diffuser on a the lowest heat setting to dry the print.
It works but you have to keep it moving or you could damage the print.