PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid converted 4X5 w/ holder and Fujiroid

djonesii
19-Sep-2009, 21:07
Dear all;

I just got a Polaroid holder for my 4X5 converted Polaroid. I shot some nudes with it today, and scanned them. The camera is an Alpenhaus

The first one is raw, the other 4 are edited.

Clearly, not work safe, and if nudes offend you, don't look.

http://www.jonesii.net/2009_09_20_robin/index.html

User Guest
Pass matrix

C&C welcome

Dave

captainslack
20-Sep-2009, 12:33
Nice pics! Love the way you lit them.

Greg Gibbons
20-Sep-2009, 23:17
Love the lighting, very nice.
But they look kind of soft. Is it the upload, or are they that way really?
I ask because I'm thinking of getting an Epson scanner...

djonesii
21-Sep-2009, 05:45
In the origional form, they are pretty sharp. Not razor sharp like my Nikon D300/Tamron 28-75, but more than sharp enough for what I am trying to do. These are the little ones (3.25x3.75), not the 4X5 film. I will add, they are only 800 pixels on the long edge, and I sharpen for the 8X10 that I will really be printing at, so there is some loss of sharpmess. I'll be getting the digital set up soon, and when I do, there are two almost identical shots of the back tattoo, that image make the diffirence clear.

For these images, I have applied some selective sharpening, and on one of the black and whites, some blur, as I recall, the thrid one in the set.

I have not scanned many positvie photo images with the Epson, but with a 4X5 chrome or B&W negative, I find it as good as I can afford at home. It costs me inbetween $12-35 to get a single drum scan, and at that price, the Epson pays for it self quite quickly.

When looking at 4X5 scanners, there did not seem to be any other choice, new ..... Maybe I missed something, but the only other choices I came up with were old, not availabe in the US, or so outragesouly priced, I could by a small used car or a drum scanner!

There are tons of threads out there on the Epson, and for what it is, I'm very happy with it. A 4X5 scan of a landscape is much better than anything that I can get out of my D300, trying to keep all other factors as equal as possible.

Hope that helps.

Dave