PDA

View Full Version : Shen Hao TZ45 IIB

NicolasArg
16-Sep-2009, 12:05
Hi everyone!
After an extensive search on google and LFP.info i couldn't find an answer for my question and decided to post it here.
I intend to use a 75mm with standard bellows on a Shen Hao TZ45IIB for landscape shooting, will it work?
I understand it can be used on a flat lens board on a Shen Hao PTB 45.
I'll be purchasing the camera from the US and can't test it before.
Thanks a lot,
Regards,
Nicolas.

Lachlan 717
16-Sep-2009, 17:38
Nicolas,

Send Mr Zhang an email at Shen Hao. He might take a day or two to get back, but he will!!

Lachlan.

NicolasArg
17-Sep-2009, 05:47
Thanks Lachlan!

NicolasArg
17-Sep-2009, 08:06
Well, an hour ago i sent an email and half an hour later received a detailed answer from Mr. Zhang. Never had such a fast answer from any customer service. Pretty impressive.
Thanks for the advice Lachlan!

Lachlan 717
17-Sep-2009, 15:26
Well, an hour ago i sent an email and half an hour later received a detailed answer from Mr. Zhang. Never had such a fast answer from any customer service. Pretty impressive.
Thanks for the advice Lachlan!

He is a very nice guy to work with.

I've had one camera custom made by Shen Hao (the original TFC 617) and have had Mr Zhang confirm that he will build an 8x10 with a Sinar/Horseman fitting front standard (to accommodate a Sinar Auto Aperture Shutter/Barrel lens combo).

On top of that, the camera that I received was way, way better than I expected!!

Good luck with your new addition.

Lachlan.

Lachlan 717
17-Sep-2009, 15:27
I intend to use a 75mm with standard bellows on a Shen Hao TZ45IIB for landscape shooting, will it work?
I understand it can be used on a flat lens board on a Shen Hao PTB 45.

By the way, what was the outcome?

ki6mf
17-Sep-2009, 19:08
With a 75mm you would probably use a recessed lens board. A Bag Bellows would make your life much easier to work as there is going to be a lot of compression and a normal bellows will have extreme compression.

NicolasArg
18-Sep-2009, 08:38
By the way, what was the outcome?

I totally forgot to post it, here is what i got (by the way i asked about the PTB too):

" it can use 75mm lens with standard bellow.....

However, we would recommand you to use the HZX45-IIA as your first 4x5 camera. It is much cheaper than TZ or PTB, and has been fully developed to cope with any using condition. It can also use 75mm lens with standard bellow of course."

I hope it's ok to post a part of an email.

NicolasArg
18-Sep-2009, 08:46
With a 75mm you would probably use a recessed lens board. A Bag Bellows would make your life much easier to work as there is going to be a lot of compression and a normal bellows will have extreme compression.

Thanks ki6mf!

wclavey
18-Sep-2009, 13:11
I use a Shen Hao TZ45 IIB with the SA 90mm and, even at 90mm, a bag bellows would be much better than the regular bellows... there is too much compression of the bellows to privide much movement room. I think the recommendation Wally Brooks made for 75mm is exactly right.

NicolasArg
19-Sep-2009, 06:38
I use a Shen Hao TZ45 IIB with the SA 90mm and, even at 90mm, a bag bellows would be much better than the regular bellows... there is too much compression of the bellows to privide much movement room. I think the recommendation Wally Brooks made for 75mm is exactly right.

Exactly, i think it's a must for WA work.
Thanks!

Steven Tribe
19-Sep-2009, 10:50
I can confirm the quality of service offered by Mr Zhang. I had a damaged thread on one of locking screws for the bellows - misuse rather than production defect. A general enquiry about availability of a replacement (dealers in Europe stock very few parts) produced two new screws and some extra brochures sent from HK to Denmark - all free of charge. It is an attractive and user friendly teak 4x5.

NicolasArg
19-Sep-2009, 19:59
I can confirm the quality of service offered by Mr Zhang. I had a damaged thread on one of locking screws for the bellows - misuse rather than production defect. A general enquiry about availability of a replacement (dealers in Europe stock very few parts) produced two new screws and some extra brochures sent from HK to Denmark - all free of charge. It is an attractive and user friendly teak 4x5.

Thank you Steven for posting the xp.