PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 Kodak 2D Lens Board Source?

Jay Decker
11-Sep-2009, 21:00
Have a number of lenses to mount on to lens boards and try on a 8x10 Kodak 2D. Before go buy some plywood and make my own, is there source for lens boards, possibly even cut holes? I need about four lens boards that are well built for old, fast lenses, i.e., Galli style shooting.

Thanks,

Jay

Darren Kruger
11-Sep-2009, 21:48
Have a number of lenses to mount on to lens boards and try on a 8x10 Kodak 2D. Before go buy some plywood and make my own, is there source for lens boards, possibly even cut holes? I need about four lens boards that are well built for old, fast lenses, i.e., Galli style shooting.

What are the measurements of the lens board that fit? If it is 6x6" I have some that should work, I think I have some 6x6" boards, one with packard already mounted.

-Darren

EdWorkman
12-Sep-2009, 08:39
Yes square 6x6- very easy to make with an Xacto knife and 3mm birch plywood- and glue

Craig Roberts
12-Sep-2009, 17:12
I make my own. i get model makers plywood from a local supplier and cut and fit them myseflf. Craig

Jay Decker
29-Sep-2009, 21:12
This past weekend I cut wood to build 14 lens boards. I've assembled and applied the finish to one board as a test piece. It works great and I'm assembling the remaining lens boards.

john biskupski
30-Sep-2009, 10:24
There are currently Kodak D2 and bits for sale on the classified page.

pinetar
1-Oct-2009, 15:23
I use a composite available from sign supply shops that consists of .020 alum on the sandwich with a pvc core. Available in 3&6MM thicknesses.

You may see it used as an architectural item in BP gas stations.

I machine the edges and bore in a mill.

Dan Dozer
2-Oct-2009, 18:55
Want to know a good way to mount lenses to your wooden boards if the lenses don't have flanges? I've done this with a lot of lenses for my Kodak 2D. Cut a hole in the board about 1/16 - 1/8" larger than the threads on the lens. Go down to your local craft shop (Michaels where I live) and get a sheet of thin black foam (about 1/16" thick). Cut a strip the thickness of the lens board. Sand the hole edges smooth and line the hole with double stick scotch tape and tape the foam strip into the hold. Then just screw the lens into the foam. It will hold the lens very securely.